cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW mobile Boutique refuse to sell SIM with no plan

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Hello friends 

It appears that is is not that uncommon that something similar to this happens but a friend of mine was trying to buy a SIM card to set up a new line but whoever was at the boutique refused to sell him a SIM card without a plan.  My friend called at the time wondering and my simple response was to just leave.

First time I have heard of this but it appears some people had this in walmart  but not a lot in WOW.

So I will leave this hear in case a WOW boutique in ST-Laurent, Ottawa tries and refuses to sell you the SIM alone.

Hope everyone has a good weekend 

6 REPLIES 6

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow mobile also doesn't sell unactivated sim cards in the Toronto area.

madhi19
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I got my card and vouchers at a Wow kiosk two days ago. No problem I'm guessing it location based. The vendor did ask if I wanted it activated but did not press the point.

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
When I was figuring out how to join Public Mobile a few months back, I also encountered this same issue at the Metrotown WOW store.

The WOW representative insisted that I had to sign up for a plan to get the SIM. I decided to leave and not argue.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am wrote:

Nice to know this.  Not that I am keeping perfect score here.  This seems like the first Wow mobile store that is misbehaving.  I wonder if the Walmart fever is contagious. 

Never had an issue with RCSS on the past so I highly recommend them. Hopefully the new kiosks will force some of the retailers to stop this bad practice.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Nice to know this.  Not that I am keeping perfect score here.  This seems like the first Wow mobile store that is misbehaving.  I wonder if the Walmart fever is contagious. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

You can report this event in a private message to the moderator @zhadj030 . They have a list for those problems.

Need Help? Let's chat.