cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW! Mobile in Oshawa

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi Woman Happy

I bought a SIM and had it activated at WOW!

Alexandra was very helpful and had great things to say about Public Mobile. 

A few years ago I wanted to switch to PM, but at that time they weren't accepting new customers! I'm happy to now have my service with PM, and paying half the cost, compared to Rogers Smiley Wink

8 REPLIES 8

@powerg21 wrote:

I have been a long time Telus customer for greater than 15+ years. They use to have great deals on their analog plans back in the days ($17.50) and I was recently on their $60 10GB plan. Unfortunatey they were going to raise my plan to $70 in April to improve customer service experience. They tried to offer me cheaper plans but none of them made any sense. I was fortunate to find PM as I honestly never heard of them before. I am now on the $40 5GB 3G plan which seems to be decent. I have been testing out the data settings to s,ee whether 3G network is faster than the LTE network. If I force it on the 3G network, my download speeds are 15MB.sec compared to 3MB on LTE.  What do you guys have it set on?

3g. Setting to 3g on a 3g plan works faster because it is not throttled.

powerg21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have been a long time Telus customer for greater than 15+ years. They use to have great deals on their analog plans back in the days ($17.50) and I was recently on their $60 10GB plan. Unfortunatey they were going to raise my plan to $70 in April to improve customer service experience. They tried to offer me cheaper plans but none of them made any sense. I was fortunate to find PM as I honestly never heard of them before. I am now on the $40 5GB 3G plan which seems to be decent. I have been testing out the data settings to s,ee whether 3G network is faster than the LTE network. If I force it on the 3G network, my download speeds are 15MB.sec compared to 3MB on LTE.  What do you guys have it set on?

cin7
Welcome @CellGirl!

I am rather new to Public Mobile as well, and found the online Community to be a wealth of knowledge. Lots of people ready and willing to help 🙂

Make sure to read up on the Rewards that you can earn as a Public Mobile customer - https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

Sharry19

@CellGirl Glad to hear about your excellent experience. 

You are very Welcome to Public Mobile.

*** Please note: I am not a Moderator ***

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CellGirl , thanks for sharing your experience.  I'd say it was good that you weren't able to activate a few years ago because now you are able to take advantage of these better plans and promos, unless you were paying like $100 a month or something with Rogers.  

You will definitely enjoy the savings, and try to be as active as possible in this community forum and you'll see plenty more savings every month Smiley LOL

Welcome to Public Mobile

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Welcome @CellGirl to public mobile!!

And don't forget to try to help other here in the forum..if you want...Smiley Wink

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Glad it was a good experience and we appreciate you sharing it here! Use the forums any time for questions. Welcome!

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to Public!

Need Help? Let's chat.