cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW Mobile Kingston, Ontario

DL00
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had a great experience today at Wow Mobile at the Cataraqui Town Centre in Kingston.

When I told my mom about Public Mobile she was very intrigued. I saw the flash sale on for this weekend ($0 sim card and 30 day for $0) and decided this was the weekend to get her setup. We headed to the Cataraqui Town Centre and stopped in at the Wow Mobile both. The gentleman that helped us was very efficient and was very helpful. Once the account was setup my mom and I sat at a table in the food court (which was right next to the Wow booth). We setup auto pay and had her number ported in no time. I showed her how to monitor her data use and anything else she might need. It was great. My mom was so happy to be able to cut her phone bill nearly in half.

11 REPLIES 11

DL00

I do love that you can't get yourself into trouble. 

My mom asked "So, how much can I do on the internet with 500 MegaDoodles?", followed by "What happens when I run out?".

When I told her she just had to wait until her renewal date and could then start again she was relieved about not having to worry about going over.

@jp2 wrote:

Are your parents good with technology or do you guys manage their accounts for them? I'm worried about setting my parents up with PM because they have a hard time even turning data on and off 

The beauty of this service is that it is prepaid.  You can't get yourself into trouble no matter how clumsy you are with tech.  If the service is not paid for in advance, it won't be available for use.  If you did get your parents a plan with data, just leave the data on.  They can simply manage data by way of the apps they use.  Just tell them to be light on watching videos on the wireless data.  Over time, they can get used to how fast data is consumed based on their usage pattern.  That is about it. 

For all those who are running an android device, use the data witness PM app to monitor usage.  The app is a free download from the play store.  It is very accurate.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en

DL00

My mom is terrible with technology. I told her to get in touch with me if she has any problems. I think she likes the idea of having her own technical support.

DL00

I couldn't agree more. The $8 plan is good for so many people (myself included).

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good to know. I will probably not sign them up for a while still. Hopefully they will get better with tech but it's painfully slow.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I would just buy the add-on, as it also allows for the occasional usa and International call.

meocon

@jp2 My mom is not savvy with these things so I have to manage her account just in case over 50 minutes talk/text to purchase an add-on for her 🙂

jp2

Are your parents good with technology or do you guys manage their accounts for them? I'm worried about setting my parents up with PM because they have a hard time even turning data on and off 

meocon

@DL00 Im glad to hear that. My mom is using PM as well but she's with Talk+Text plan just $8 bucks a month saved her lot of money. Very appreciate PM bring that plan to everyone.

DL00

She's be really excited. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DL00  great to hear and hopefully your  mom also get the referal bonus that was just announced the other day.

Need Help? Let's chat.