cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vouchers at Zehrs

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,

I paid for a voucher today and was unpleasantly surprised that the voucher had $10, $20 or $40 written on it. Upon going to the cashier, she asked how much I wanted... In a bit of confusion and lack of inquisition I just said $40 despite the plan I intend to use being only $25.

My inquisition here is whether I can ring up 2 vouchers, and add $20 to one and $5 to another and if not... Why not? This is very manipulative if you ask me. You might pay too much if you use a voucher or if you pay with your bank/financial institution you just pay whatever amount your plan is (a sly way to get you to use your bank).

13 REPLIES 13

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

@geopublic this graphic is awesome, where did you find it?

Knowing that many Loblaw and Sobeys chain stores potentially have this instant reload option is great.

@stonechucker 

Here's the link:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

@geopublic this graphic is awesome, where did you find it?

Knowing that many Loblaw and Sobeys chain stores potentially have this instant reload option is great.

Obice

@stonechucker wrote:

@Obice wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Obice wrote:

Right. I don't see how I'd be paying "less", the funds are just carried over and then eventually I'd pay another voucher for $40 and it would be an on going thing of odd payments.

It would make far more sense to just let people grab a card that acts sort of like a pre-paid credit card in that you add the amount you want or need, alas, this is not the case. Man Frustrated

There are one or two retailers that do real-time account payments. It connects into your account and you pay it so much. I think Canadian Tire gas bars do. I'm not sure of who else.

Ah, I see. Unfortunately I live in a small town so we don't get all these luxuries as so far as I've seen. In fact I am surprised that Zehrs has Public Mobile vouchers while Freshco (the only other grocery store in town) does not. They both however have Lucky Mobile, Virgin and Koodo. Further, Zehrs even has PC Mobile (their own brand)... I can't imagine a lot of people are on that anymore.

Actually, PC Mobile is no longer a brand.  The Mobile Shop, what they call it now sells all the carriers, even Freedom in select stores.

I would like to point out that PC Mobile is still a thing and that they offer PREPAID services while their POSTPAID services have been migrated to Koodo.

https://www.pcmobile.ca/prepaid_plans_features.jsp

@Obice wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Obice wrote:

Right. I don't see how I'd be paying "less", the funds are just carried over and then eventually I'd pay another voucher for $40 and it would be an on going thing of odd payments.

It would make far more sense to just let people grab a card that acts sort of like a pre-paid credit card in that you add the amount you want or need, alas, this is not the case. Man Frustrated

There are one or two retailers that do real-time account payments. It connects into your account and you pay it so much. I think Canadian Tire gas bars do. I'm not sure of who else.

Ah, I see. Unfortunately I live in a small town so we don't get all these luxuries as so far as I've seen. In fact I am surprised that Zehrs has Public Mobile vouchers while Freshco (the only other grocery store in town) does not. They both however have Lucky Mobile, Virgin and Koodo. Further, Zehrs even has PC Mobile (their own brand)... I can't imagine a lot of people are on that anymore.

Actually, PC Mobile is no longer a brand.  The Mobile Shop, what they call it now sells all the carriers, even Freedom in select stores.

Obice

@geopublic wrote:

@Obice wrote:

@Obice  You can also use the instant Top-Up method for any amount between $10 - 100 and just need to provide you phone number to the cashier. More info on this option here.

Locations where they might be available can be found below.

PM-Pay1.JPGPM-Pay2.JPG

Alright, cool, thanks. I'll check around.

@Obice wrote:

@Obice  You can also use the instant Top-Up method for any amount between $10 - 100 and just need to provide you phone number to the cashier. More info on this option here.

Locations where they might be available can be found below.

PM-Pay1.JPGPM-Pay2.JPG

I am familiar with purchasing vouchers from Zehrs stores in Southern Ontario, Brantford to be specific.

I went to a cashier, without a voucher in hand, and asked to by a $20 voucher.  It was scanned in from a laminated barcode at the checkout, and I got a $20 voucher, and paid the added $2.60 in taxes.

My girlfriend did The same the next evening for me, getting a $5 voucher.  You should be able to ask for a voucher at a Zehrs store at any value you wish, without presenting a voucher display card.

Obice

@Anonymous wrote:

@Obice wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Obice wrote:

Obice

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Obice wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Obice wrote:

Hi,

I paid for a voucher today and was unpleasantly surprised that the voucher had $10, $20 or $40 written on it. Upon going to the cashier, she asked how much I wanted... In a bit of confusion and lack of inquisition I just said $40 despite the plan I intend to use being only $25.

My inquisition here is whether I can ring up 2 vouchers, and add $20 to one and $5 to another and if not... Why not? This is very manipulative if you ask me. You might pay too much if you use a voucher or if you pay with your bank/financial institution you just pay whatever amount your plan is (a sly way to get you to use your bank).

You can't split a single voucher.

The excess amount will just be on your account available for your next renewal. Next time you get a smaller amount. Then after that back to a larger amount.

I'm not sure we're on the same page. I'm not talking about splitting a single voucher, I'm talking about bringing up two separate vouchers and asking to put $20 on one and $5 on the other for a total of $25. Paying more for less is just stupid and a way to make you pay more than you have to / need to.

Apparently I interpreted your ring up and adding an amount to one as being to one account and another rather than 2 vouchers.

I've seen a display card saying several odd amounts. Like I said though...so the excess just stays on your account for your next renewal where you would pay less again.

Obice

@Anonymous wrote:

@Obice wrote:

Hi,

The excess amount will just be on your account available for your next renewal. Next time you get a smaller amount. Then after that back to a larger amount.

I'm not sure we're on the same page. I'm not talking about splitting a single voucher, I'm talking about bringing up two separate vouchers and asking to put $20 on one and $5 on the other for a total of $25. Paying more for less is just stupid and a way to make you pay more than you have to / need to.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Obice wrote:

Hi,

Need Help? Let's chat.