cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Mobile Shop in The Superstore at Scarborough Town Centre

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Once again I went to this location of the Mobile Shop and was very impressed by the service they offered.  I went to buy a SIM card that I could activate at home.  The staff was courteous and helpful.  The guy who was in charge was professional and guided his staff member on how to accept PC Optimum points to pay for the card.  I just had to pay $1.30 tax extra because PC Optimum can only be redeemed in $10 increments. No hassles and no sales pitch to buy other products and services.

I highly recommend this store if you're in the neighborhood.

4 REPLIES 4

Update: I can no longer recommend this store.

I went in this afternoon to get my third SIM card for a family member.  The manager recognized me and asked me if I was there to buy a PM SIM card.  I said I was and that he surprised me by recognizing me.  He said that he knew why I was there, but this time he needed to "register" the card for me.  I said that the promotion was for me to activate it at home but he insisted that he knew what he was doing.  He told me to come back in about 10 minutes until he could finish with the current customers there.  I said okay and stepped out of the store.

I felt that there was something going on so I decided to leave and try Walmart which was walking distance.  Walmart was like a zoo because of Black Friday.  The three agents at the mobile station were very busy.  One of them asked me what I wanted and I said I just wanted to buy a PM SIM card.  He then got a key and opened a cabinet, and got a card for me.  I paid cash and asked if I had to activate it there.  Surprisingly, he said no so I walked away with an unactivated card and no hassles.  I think I was lucky because the place was crawling with customers wanting to get a new phone and they just wanted to get rid of me quickly.

As far as the Mobile Shop is concerned, I don't think I'll be able to go back there and get any more cards because the manager recognizes me and I feel he does not want to sell me one without trying to register it himself.  I may sound a bit paranoid here but I'm pretty good at reading people.  Hope this helps anyone who is in the area.

@popping  Appreciate the insight.  There were two other customers and I was in a bit of a hurry so I just grabbed the SIM card and left.  I think it took all of 5 minutes for the whole transaction which I really appreciated. 

Next time I go there for a SIM I'll be sure to schmooze the rep and try to get 2000 points.  😉

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I redeemed PC Optimum points to buy a PM SIM card on Saturday in a Calgary RCSS TMS store.  Paid my $0.50 GST and chat with the store rep about PM moderator wait time.  Now, they will not recommend PM to people who run a business or someone's job depends on a working phone.  For our little chat, the store rep gave me 1,000 points. (My PM SIM card costed me (10,000 - 1,000)points + $0.50 = $9.50)

If you have a few minutes, you can chat with the rep about your mobile need.  They will give you 1,000 points.  You can get 1,000 points every 3 months by chatting with the TMS rep.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for relating your positive experience.  I'm sure PM appreciates feedback about their retail partners, positive or negative.

Need Help? Let's chat.