cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Walmart service in Dartmouth Crossing, NS

EJK16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

One evening my son and I went to Walmart to purchase a SIM for his phone. I've been a PM customer since January and have had zero issues - I love the service and the concept! My husband, mother, friend, and sister have all switched. I waited at least a half-hour for service as the one sales guy was setting up a phone for someone else. When it was finally my turn, I said, "I'm just looking to get a Public Mobile SIM." I thought the transaction would be a simple purchase like last time. He asked me why, and proceeded to tell me how terrible PM is and how he hears nothing but complaints. I told him I've been a customer since January and love it, and everyone I referred loves it, and he proceeded to try to sell me on another BYOP carrier. This went on for ages, and I kept insisting I knew what I wanted and the company was great. He insulted my intelligence several times during this transaction (once assuming that I didn't understand that at home I used wifi!! - joke's on him; I work in tech). He made me wait (continually arguing with me) while he printed out all these pages and then passed them to me saying, "Here you go - it sucks!" I was so shocked by this that I just walked away - but was on the verge of tears by the time I got to the exit. This is an unacceptable customer experience. I can't even imagine how many people he alone has turned away from this service. I've since found out the locations in the area have expanded (when I bought mine, WalMart was the only option) and I'll be referring people elsewhere from now on. 

12 REPLIES 12

We have had this discussion a few times as well; the people working in Wireless Centre are NOT Walmart employees

They are subcontractors

You can still complain to their managers or the store managers to express opinions of service

@88cranston wrote:

I would also reort it to the Walmart Store Manager, in person. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@jonfirlotte wrote:

That's terrible! I'd have a word with his manager. Makes me glad I got my card straight from the PM website.

The people at Walmart who perform Public Mobile activations are not Walmart employees. Also, for all we know, it could be management who are discouraging outright sale of sim cards.

Oh yes I forgot about that....still they are working within the brand and as expressed before and by Alan_k pm when you are licensed or otherwise under contract with another business entity there still are codes of conduct the employees and owners etc...are expected to live up to. It's a business owners choice as to what to sell if they dont want to sell a product they can delete it from their inventory. But to purposely bad mouth it is unethical and unprofessional.

@jonfirlotte wrote:

That's terrible! I'd have a word with his manager. Makes me glad I got my card straight from the PM website.

The people at Walmart who perform Public Mobile activations are not Walmart employees. Also, for all we know, it could be management who are discouraging outright sale of sim cards.

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@88cranston wrote:

Vancouver does have a Walmart. 

Walmart - Grandview Supercentre
Address: 3585 Grandview Hwy, Vancouver, BC V5M 2G7

I believe it is the old Costco building. Vancouver basically would not allow Walmart to build as every plan they proposed....Vancouver denied it. So they took over an existing building. 
My mistake I thought it was on the other side of boundary rd.in Burnaby.

88cranston

I would also reort it to the Walmart Store Manager, in person. 

88cranston

Vancouver does have a Walmart. 

Walmart - Grandview Supercentre
Address: 3585 Grandview Hwy, Vancouver, BC V5M 2G7

I believe it is the old Costco building. Vancouver basically would not allow Walmart to build as every plan they proposed....Vancouver denied it. So they took over an existing building. 

@EJK16 wrote:

I left a review as per his suggestion and now will submit the same to Walmart. I am not a typical Walmart shopper as I prefer to shop local. I only went there because when I did the research and joined in January it was my only option. I'm happy to know there are other options locally and will be sure to spread the word when referring in the future. We love PM!

I don't shop at Wal-Mart either I prefer to support Canadian retailers and the small guy whenever possible. And there is no Wal-Mart in Vancouver proper.

EJK16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I left a review as per his suggestion and now will submit the same to Walmart. I am not a typical Walmart shopper as I prefer to shop local. I only went there because when I did the research and joined in January it was my only option. I'm happy to know there are other options locally and will be sure to spread the word when referring in the future. We love PM!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@EJK16  Please do leave your review as per @will13am  suggestion although I'm curious to know if and how we can access the retail reviews on the pm site. That aside I do find it interesting how salespeople have such varying opinions on public mobile. Moreover when it's overwhelmingly negative that they must express their opinion in such a manner to offend the very customer they are being paid to serve and product they are to sell. In customer service there is a fine art of dissuading a customer from an inferior product (by opinion, review, price, quality, performance, durability etc...) to a more superior product. However you offer a variety of products in differing price ranges and workmanship in order to attract and sell to a wide range of customers to maximize profit.  Wal-Mart operates exactly on these principles with the premise of providing it at the lowest price even if it's just $0.03 lower than it's nearest competitor. The employee you encountered is doing a disservice to the Wal-Mart brand, his employer and that location as a whole. Whether you choose to address management with your concerns is entirely up to you or perhaps you'll boycott that location or the chain entirely but I find in my own experience I will always give a business a chance to rectify a grevious customer service issue. If I am not satisfied with the response I will choose my way to respond ranging from going to the top at head office, an up to lifetime boycott (shaw) , legislatory penalties or simple word of mouth disdain of company. I'm happy that you are as excited and satisfied with public mobiles service (it can be a hard sale sometimes) as I am despite some of its limitations the overall service and price savings of public mobile more than makes up for it....and the community is indispensibleto it's success. Thanks for sharing and your enthusiastic support for pm.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@EJK16  hi thats sad but not unexpected,Bayers Lake location is no better you should have reported him 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@EJK16 , thanks for the feedback.  This will be useful for future customers.  If you could go to this link and locate the store and put your review, that would be ideal.  Thanks.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator

Need Help? Let's chat.