cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superstore Experience

samf207
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just wanted to share my experience switching to pm in store. If your looking to activate a new account or upgrade I highly recommend the mobile shop kiosk in superstore. The employee was very knowledgeable about different carriers and the specifics of there plans. I wasn't even aware of public mobile until then and was originally planning on going with chatr, but she showed me the options and I decided to go with the 45$ plan which was a much better choice.

22 REPLIES 22

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Shell99 wrote:

Wait, I could have gotten extra points for getting a SIM card there? 

Yes.  Base 10pts/$ when you pay with PC MC.  More pts if you have TMS offer - usually 25k pts when you spent $50.

Don't forget to ask your mobilist for the bonus 1k pts for discussing your mobile need.  No purchase is needed.  The will give you 1k pts every 3 months.  

Shell99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wait, I could have gotten extra points for getting a SIM card there? 

@Shell99 

I haven't had the need to purchase a sim card from them but in theory if you activate with them and have a points offer ( either this week's spend $25 get 10k or spend $50 get 25k in points) you should be able to get the points....but it's YMMV.

@Shell99 wrote:

I got mine at Superstore too and it was a great experience. Although I had my friend that told me about Public Mobile actually help me set it up so that was good. 

Yes, last time I got my friend's PM SIM at Superstore, too.  Quick and easy and they didn't give me hassle for not activating with them there.

Shell99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got mine at Superstore too and it was a great experience. Although I had my friend that told me about Public Mobile actually help me set it up so that was good. 

popping

@samf207 wrote:

The employee never mentioned anything about points, is there a way I can get them?

Talk to the same TMS mobilist next time you shop at your RCSS.  S/he will be happy to get your phone number and your PCO number to give you 1000 pts.

samf207

The employee never mentioned anything about points, is there a way I can get them?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@motet wrote:

I paid $10 for a SIM card. $5 online. Not a big deal but that's a glass of beer. 😉

@motet If you lived near me I would have given you one and we would have had 2 glasses of beer!

motet

I paid $10 for a SIM card. $5 online. Not a big deal but that's a glass of beer. 😉

Unfortunately, I put ALL commissioned sales people in the same classification group. 

Eager employees are also the ones who can provide the most excellent and memorable service.

So I don't fault Superstore. They hire some good ones and some bad ones, just like Walmart and London Drugs sometimes do.

The fact that the rep still (reluctantly) sold me a PM SIM card suggests the store/chain itself has no specific policies for their public relationship with the brand.

@Korth wrote:

My experience at a Loblaws/Superstore was somewhat opposite.

When I asked to buy a PM SIM card, the wireless rep strongly cautioned me against it - explained in some detail that PM has weak signal, terrible service, terrible support - then began explaining that Rogers is much better. I interrupted to say that I'm already a PM customer, I've never had problems with the service, I already understand the support model, and, ironically, I need a PM SIM card to refer someone away from Rogers. (Well, okay, I lied a little. The referral was originally with Bell.)

But nothing more was said. The rep just took my money and handed over the SIM card.

Evidently different staff at different locations provide different levels of enthusiasm for the PM brand.

An over eager commission sales person that does not realize that one bad experience will be transmitted to others at least 10 times. When I tried to buy one there....they were supposedly out of stock.  I just walked away. If he was hoping for me to start a conversation....it didn’t happen. 

My experience at a Loblaws/Superstore was somewhat opposite.

When I asked to buy a PM SIM card, the wireless rep strongly cautioned me against it - explained in some detail that PM has weak signal, terrible service, terrible support - then began explaining that Rogers is much better. I interrupted to say that I'm already a PM customer, I've never had problems with the service, I already understand the support model, and, ironically, I need a PM SIM card to refer someone away from Rogers. (Well, okay, I lied a little. The referral was originally with Bell.)

But nothing more was said. The rep just took my money and handed over the SIM card.

Evidently different staff at different locations provide different levels of enthusiasm for the PM brand.

@samf207 

Welcome to public mobile! Happy to hear you had a positive experience activating at TMS at RCSS. There is always a couple of customers at the kiosk so I haven't stopped to chat with a mobilist yet but ive never heard of any major  comlaints with ther customer service and they price match.

popping

@samf207 wrote:

Just wanted to share my experience switching to pm in store. If your looking to activate a new account or upgrade I highly recommend the mobile shop kiosk in superstore. The employee was very knowledgeable about different carriers and the specifics of there plans. I wasn't even aware of public mobile until then and was originally planning on going with chatr, but she showed me the options and I decided to go with the 45$ plan which was a much better choice.

Welcome to PM.  

Good choice for not going with Chatr because Chatr has pay-per-use and use your fund in your account to pay for it.  Chatr autopay always takes your full plan price from your autopay card to renew your plan and leave fund in your account for pay-per-use payment.  IIRC, Chatr charges call forwarding etc to suck the fund in your account dry.

The TMS inside RCSS will give your 1000 PCO pts every 3 months by dropping by to talk about your mobile needs.  Did your Mobilist gave you 1000 pts after your PM activation?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@samf207 , always nice to hear of a good news story.  Thanks for sharing and welcome to Public Mobile.  @popping is one of the long term customers who have had good relationship with his local Superstore Mobile Shop.  

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I did the same in superstore. Welcome to Public Mobile.

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I too had an amazing experience at the superstore purchasing a sim!! Glad to hear you did too 

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@samf207 wrote:

Hi @samf207 thank you so much for sharing your very positive experience activating in-store.  This is awesome!  Have you received the 4-digit PIN number from the store or text?

Now create a self-serve account here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

You will receive an Welcome email from Public Mobile with your activation details.

welcome email -2.png

If you register a credit card or a Visa debit card for autopay, you will receive a $2 credit on your account to be used on your second 30-day renewal.

Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community 1

@samf207 wrote:

It's really good to hear that you a good experience. We should note that individual experiences can vary greatly, depending on the store name, specific location, employee, or even sometimes based on something simple as the type of day that someone is having. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@samf207  Welcome to PM! Thank you for sharing your positive experience at RCSS. Mostly, we hear not so good experience at Walmart and may be others, but rarely RCSS. So thanks again for sharing. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@samf207 wrote:

@samf207 Welcome to PM!

So nice to hear the good experiences 🙂 Thanks for sharing.

You found the Community, so you know where to come and inquire about Public Mobile services, perks and quirks!

Need Help? Let's chat.