cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Korth
Mayor / Maire

Re: Superstore Experience

My experience at a Loblaws/Superstore was somewhat opposite.

 

When I asked to buy a PM SIM card, the wireless rep strongly cautioned me against it - explained in some detail that PM has weak signal, terrible service, terrible support - then began explaining that Rogers is much better. I interrupted to say that I'm already a PM customer, I've never had problems with the service, I already understand the support model, and, ironically, I need a PM SIM card to refer someone away from Rogers. (Well, okay, I lied a little. The referral was originally with Bell.)

 

But nothing more was said. The rep just took my money and handed over the SIM card.

 

Evidently different staff at different locations provide different levels of enthusiasm for the PM brand.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Re: Superstore Experience


@Korth wrote:

My experience at a Loblaws/Superstore was somewhat opposite.

 

When I asked to buy a PM SIM card, the wireless rep strongly cautioned me against it - explained in some detail that PM has weak signal, terrible service, terrible support - then began explaining that Rogers is much better. I interrupted to say that I'm already a PM customer, I've never had problems with the service, I already understand the support model, and, ironically, I need a PM SIM card to refer someone away from Rogers. (Well, okay, I lied a little. The referral was originally with Bell.)

 

But nothing more was said. The rep just took my money and handed over the SIM card.

 

Evidently different staff at different locations provide different levels of enthusiasm for the PM brand.


An over eager commission sales person that does not realize that one bad experience will be transmitted to others at least 10 times. When I tried to buy one there....they were supposedly out of stock.  I just walked away. If he was hoping for me to start a conversation....it didn’t happen. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Re: Superstore Experience

Eager employees are also the ones who can provide the most excellent and memorable service.

 

So I don't fault Superstore. They hire some good ones and some bad ones, just like Walmart and London Drugs sometimes do.

 

The fact that the rep still (reluctantly) sold me a PM SIM card suggests the store/chain itself has no specific policies for their public relationship with the brand.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Re: Superstore Experience

Unfortunately, I put ALL commissioned sales people in the same classification group. 

motet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Superstore Experience

I paid $10 for a SIM card. $5 online. Not a big deal but that's a glass of beer. 😉

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

Re: Superstore Experience


@motet wrote:

I paid $10 for a SIM card. $5 online. Not a big deal but that's a glass of beer. 😉


@motet If you lived near me I would have given you one and we would have had 2 glasses of beer!

samf207
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Superstore Experience

The employee never mentioned anything about points, is there a way I can get them?

popping
Oracle

Re: Superstore Experience


@samf207 wrote:

The employee never mentioned anything about points, is there a way I can get them?


Talk to the same TMS mobilist next time you shop at your RCSS.  S/he will be happy to get your phone number and your PCO number to give you 1000 pts.

Shell99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Superstore Experience

I got mine at Superstore too and it was a great experience. Although I had my friend that told me about Public Mobile actually help me set it up so that was good. 

softech
Mayor / Maire

Re: Superstore Experience


@Shell99 wrote:

I got mine at Superstore too and it was a great experience. Although I had my friend that told me about Public Mobile actually help me set it up so that was good. 


Yes, last time I got my friend's PM SIM at Superstore, too.  Quick and easy and they didn't give me hassle for not activating with them there.

 

Need Help? Let's chat.