cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stouffville Walmart

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

I would say Great experience... the Walmart lady was super nice and willing to help

only problem is with PM... she entered everything.. waited long, she already warned me that it might crash, and it did.

She tried to setup another sim but this time stuck with the number porting screen.

She tried to call PM to help but it is not connecting.  She has to called 3 or 4 times.  Finally go to a CS but she told me the CS was not very nice to her.

There are still some issues, very long story and the story didn't end when I left Walmart

But my point is, the Walmart was super nice and willing to help.  It was only the PM setup that mess up the experience 😞 

13 REPLIES 13

@gpixel wrote:

@hTideGnow yes that is true the website is slow. there's a technique I've been using and it's worked good so far. I'm not saying the system won't hang, but the chances are very low.

@gpixel Careful, @hTideGnow is kind of new here. They may not be ready for the technique. 😉

@gpixel wrote:

@hTideGnow yes that is true the website is slow. there's a technique I've been using and it's worked good so far. I'm not saying the system won't hang, but the chances are very low.

what kind a technique?

The 4 SIM cards part isn’t right, that was the employee thinking let’s try another SIM card.

But agreed, they really need to fix these problems so the same glitches don’t keep happening in activations. I have referred many people over the last 2 years. Some do it themselves and some go to Walmart or London Drugs to get activated. No one has really had a problem at all.

But yesterday I had a friend activating himself and it must have hung up. He thought he was done but an hour later still not working. I had him check and his card hadn’t been charged and I didn’t see the referral on my account. So he backed out and redid it, was done in a couple of minutes and it was working.

AE_Collector

@hTideGnow 

I think i would split the blame 50/50. Fortunately you had a lovely saleslady who did her best to sort out the issues with your activation. Normally an in store activation is much a smoother process. I did my first two at london drugs and it was done lickety split with the phone numbers ported in within minutes. I at the time  was like yourself with very little experience with technology. 

The third activation i had dragged my roommate down to london drugs to switch....once we unlocked his phone with fido and started the activation the london drugs computer system crashed! All they could do is send us home with a free sim card to activate at home online. A bit of trial by error but with only one 50 min session to wait out and some good advice by the community i got it done for my roommate.

I dont know what the computers look like at walmart but london drugs were circa 1996..... chances are your computer at home is more user friendly than walmarts?

pankajjoshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Agreed , Wallmart will help if it doesnt work they will try and sell you another 

carrier . Am glad all is working for you now. 

@gpixel wrote:

@hTideGnow that's Walmart's fault, not PM's.. if you had just activated at home, it would've been a lot smoother

nah.. it's not Walmart issue.. it's the PM system didn't response back.. 

My friends activated at home before too and he has the same issue.  Talked to people who worked in the business and who activated online, it's a known fact that PM registration/activation system is slow.. and very often "crashed" during activation.    For most ppl, all they need to do is re-enter everything and try again.

In my case.. it's pretty much the information are sent over to PM.. but have was halfway done before it was carshed..that's why the SIM card was in fact activated but PM server not sending back the acknowledgment.

@hTideGnow that's Walmart's fault, not PM's.. if you had just activated at home, it would've been a lot smoother

@mm80 wrote:

Did Public fix all of it? Everything works?

haha. it was tough long road

1. walmart called multiple times, 4 SIM cards to get it working.. i receive no welcome email.. i didn't even know what was the dummy phone number

2. a community post about porting issue.. then i was given the 1-888 

3. called 1-888 .. got the porting completed

4. found out auto-pay was not completed.  we put it in.. somehow the system not taking it.. i need to open another community post

5. found out the PIN not set, i have to open another ticket with moderator

activation, because it was stuck earlier, took me like 5 hours to completed

those PIN, auto-pay took me another 4 or 5 days 

not the smoothest ride.. as I said.. this service is only target for young ppl, or tech savvy persons..

Service is good.. price is perfect..but they really should pay attention of onboarding.  Onboarding itself would already scares people away.. no matter how good your service is.

just my 2 cents

@Jb456 wrote:

Public Mobile has no customer service phone number to speak to CS. So not sure who the Wally Mart employee tried calling 🤔 All support is online...

She might have called the 1-888 # for porting issue?  i dunno... but she has called and someone did work with her to fix the issue

that's why i am glad i went to Walmart... if i try to activate online.. and for newcomer who might not have experience with this forum.. I really would not know what to do to complete the registration.

of course, the beauty for Walmart is the SIM is free.. and you don't have to wait for couple days for the SIM to come

I still think a traditional form of store is needed for attracting new comers.. maybe I am old style.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow Welcome to PM. Hopefully your problems are solved already. Walmart experience is different from people to people. Enjoy service and saving here!😉

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile has no customer service phone number to speak to CS. So not sure who the Wally Mart employee tried calling 🤔 All support is online...

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Did Public fix all of it? Everything works?

Need Help? Let's chat.