cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store having Cantonese or Mandarin servce in Richmond/Vancouver, BC

lilyma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Looking for a store that has representative who speaks Cantonese/Mandarin and can support SIM activation and credit card auto pay sign up. Please assist. Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR wrote:

Obviously, they are new in the forums and didn't know any better.

lol I doubt it. I'm sure they know full well. I didn't know anything about a referral code when I first started either. I created another community account along the way for the draws they had last year and I promptly got an inquiry. I replied (knowing what they were doing). They gave. I didn't ask.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@lilyma wrote:

Thanks. Where can I get the referral code?

Hi @lilyma just ask anyone here who are helping you.  Click on their avatar, then send them a private message asking for their referral code.  Anyone will be happy to give you one.  Welcome to Public Mobile!

I would imagine they've long since been deluged with codes. 🙂

LOL you're right @Anonymous . Yesterday, I just recently mentioned on a post that I didn't use any referral code when I joined and wella!  referral codes offered.  If they just offered, would that still be soliciting?

That is exactly against policy. Be asked...don't give. The ask could be the broad, in the forum kind or by way of pm. But throwing codes at users uninvited is not the right way.

I remember your post. Funny that after all this time you would get codes uninvited. It's not like you were asking.

Obviously, they are new in the forums and didn't know any better.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@lilyma wrote:

Hi @lilyma just ask anyone here who are helping you.  Click on their avatar, then send them a private message asking for their referral code.  Anyone will be happy to give you one.  Welcome to Public Mobile!

LOL you're right @Anonymous . Yesterday, I just recently mentioned on a post that I didn't use any referral code when I joined and wella!  referral codes offered.  If they just offered, would that still be soliciting?

That is exactly against policy. Be asked...don't give. The ask could be the broad, in the forum kind or by way of pm. But throwing codes at users uninvited is not the right way.

I remember your post. Funny that after all this time you would get codes uninvited. It's not like you were asking.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@lilyma wrote:

LOL you're right @Anonymous . Yesterday, I just mentioned on a post that I didn't use any referral code when I joined and wella!  referral codes offered.  If they just offered, would that still be soliciting?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR wrote:

@lilyma wrote:

@lilyma wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll pipe in with my east-west line again. As I'm sure there are with most larger centres...Richmond has a huge population of Chinese origin/ancestry people.

Richmond ethnicity <- pdf

@lilyma wrote:

Looking for a store that has representative who speaks Cantonese/Mandarin and can support SIM activation and credit card auto pay sign up. Please assist. Thanks!

Shiort of asking, it can be difficult to know what languages someone speaks. Even in areas of the city where there's a larger percentage of people who do speak Cantonese or Madararin, not everyone will. One thing I would suggest would be to look through the Public Mobile store locator.  Then, I would look up on Google Maps the address of a location.  If Google has a picture of the storefront, there will certainly be some with some Chinese writing on the store's signage.  That still wouldn't mean that all employees at such locations would speak Catonese or Mandarin, but it would likely be a pretty good indications that at least some do.

@JK8 wrote:

@lilyma 

Use the live online chat for activations.

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

It's certainly possible that some of the retail representatives will speak either Catonese or Madarin. However, other than English or French, you might have to try to ask if one of the retail staff members speak other languages are currently online. As these salespeople are people who otherwise be working at the corporate Public Mobile retail kiosks, I do suspect that they are working the live online chat from home, and might not know which colleagues are currently available. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@lilyma 

@lilyma wrote:

Here is some more information on referral reward

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

If you don't know somebody who is already with Public mobile, just ask here and community members can private message you a referral code.

@lilyma  you can get a Referral Code from a friend of family member who are currently using Public Mobile.  Both they and you will save money by using a referral code. 

Their referral code will be on their self-serve home page near the top right and will say this:

Sharing is caring!
Tell your friends to use this code ?????? or link when they activate with Public Mobile.

If you don't have one, you can reply and I can supply one, if you wish.

@lilyma 

You might want to try some of the regular vendors in Richmond area.  

London drugs, Mobile shop (inside Superstore), Wow mobile (Richmond Centre), Walmart kiosk.  In Richmond, many of the vendors should have some Chinese speaking representatives.  

lilyma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @lilyma 

Best I can recommend is click on the following retail locator and give a few a call and see:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator

Failing that, online activation is easy once you have the SIM card, as @Jb456 suggests. 

Don't forget to sign up for the current promotion which can be found here if you'd like extra data:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/fs2020

Good luck!!!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@lilyma  why do you need this. It's very easy to do yourself online.

1- buy a sim card either online or at a Walmart or London drugs.

2 - go to this link to activate card

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Don't forget a referral code for $10 signup bonus.

3- during the activation process there will a step to start your auto-pay

As for your request of a place that speaks those languages. No idea. Maybe someone else knows.

Need Help? Let's chat.