cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Town Consistency

Clefort88
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello all! 

Not a stranger here any longer so I’m sure you’re all well aware of my small town rural NS issues with locating PM sims and payment vouchers. 

Between Berwick and Grand Pré, there is one singular store that sells PM Payment Vouchers. That is well over 30kms distance; It is located in Wolfville, at a Shoppers Drug Mart. 

I currently live in New Minas, but will likely be moving to Berwick within the next 6 months. 

To bus from New Minas to Wolfville, it takes 55 minutes. To bus from Berwick to Wolfville, it’s about a full 2 hours, both ways, meaning 4 hours. 

I bring this up because it doesn’t seem as though the Shoppers has any consistency to the vouchers. The first two months they had $25, $40 & $50 vouchers. Last month they only had $28 & $43 cards. 

As a student and part-time worker, as well as someone who’s working otherwise free to bring education and sustainability to the province, not knowing how much money you’re going to have to spend every month for the most remarkable phone plan you’ve ever had, is problematic. 

Visa Debits are not available with my bank, in this area yet. I am not able to get a credit card because of otherwise upsetting student loan debts. 

Is there any way to bring the PM vouchers to the Walmart in New Minas? Is there any way to regulate the vouchers that are sent out?? 

18 REPLIES 18

marsbar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

All this makes me wonder if Public Mobile can take Interac online on their website.

http://interac.ca/en/interac-online-consumer.html

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Perfect, let me know anytime. 

Clefort88
Thank you very much. I did find someone on the boards to help out but should that fall through at any time, I will reach out to you.
@Rockdaddy22

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I would help in future. I could buy a real time voucher of any denomination. This are the only kind I use lately, love it. 

@Clefort88 It's past your renewal date so hope all is well. Just to put your mind at ease, you do have 90 days to pay for a plan before losing your number. 

Two thoughts also occur to me as emergency back up:

a) an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

b) https://www.knowroaming.com/order/stickers-and-sims/15-knowroaming-global-sim-card.html for SIM $10 US plus $10/year you have a true emergency plan for calls and data. Another one I use as my backup is giffgaff.com but fees are in British £; I can send you their SIM for free and it costs £10 to activate and £1/year to maintain service.

I, too, am willing to procure (Robot LOL) vouchers for you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Clefort88

@closng, no worries at all. 

I am actually just awaiting word from him about it. 

The payment needs to be on my account for Dec 1st, to renew for the 2nd. 

I’ll message you presently as soon as I hear from him. Thank you so much. 

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Clefort88,

I would be happy to help as well if it does not work out with your high school friend. Sorry didn't get back sooner - like you, I have been sick as a dog for the past two days and went to bed early last night.

@Clefort88 & @NDesai Nova Scotia has the highest tax rate in Canada

So buying from anyone else at worst you pay equal taxes, most will pay less taxes

I'd just be careful who I buy from, but long time reps like NDesai who is an Oracle is a safe bet

AB has best tax rate if you can find someone there, you will save 10% of your cost

Clefort88

@NDesai, I’ve spoken with my friend from high school and he’s going to take a look at the more populated Shoppers in his area and if they have the wider selection, we’ll set up the monthly transactions 💚 

if he is unable to locate the vouchers, I’ll message you privately I think, and we’ll go from there to try and sort it. 

Clefort88

@NDesai, I may have to post a topic question about people in NS. 

I know only ONE person in these communities who use PM lol went to high school with him. Other than that, no one else I know uses PM, let alone knows about it. 

@Clefort88wrote:

@NDesai, how would I go about asking?? That’s actually a super daunting task haha 

Do I just post in a general forum if there’s anyone who can pick up vouchers to cover my $52 plan, which with tax comes to $59.80, or with vouchers and sales tax comes to $65? (In NS anyway) 

I believe most places sell vouchers in set amount like $25, $50 or $100. Not many places sell the real time vouchers. As for taxes, you will have to find someone who is in the same province as you or you will have to pay more/less tax. Make sure the person you reach out to is reputable on here. Posting in forums might help as others can vouch for that particular member if he's willing to do this for you. 

Clefort88

@NDesai, how would I go about asking?? That’s actually a super daunting task haha 

Do I just post in a general forum if there’s anyone who can pick up vouchers to cover my $52 plan, which with tax comes to $59.80, or with vouchers and sales tax comes to $65? (In NS anyway) 

@Clefort88 What @closng mentioned is exactly what i meant. Community members are all around Canada and pretty much all are from the city and can easily get you the voucher. 

If you cant find anyone, send me a message.

Clefort88

@closng @NDesai

**EDIT - Is this actually possible? My plan renews Dec 2nd. I realise I’m cutting it short but I get paid tomorrow and it lined up perfectly with my need to make that heinous trip into Wolfville for the vouchers.**

Yes I am able to do that. That would actually be a lifesaver. So much so that I would likely send them a friggin Xmas card and birthday card just as extra thanks. 

OH. MY GOD. If that happens, if that can happen, I think I’d cry lol that’s amazing. That is perfect. That works so well. 

The money net is never a problem; it’s been budgeted exceptionally, it’s the lack of consistent denominations and the fact that it takes a whole week to plan the trip into wolfville to purchase the vouchers. 

Omg, PM members, are you real? 💚💚

closng

Hi @Clefort88,

I think that what @NDesai meant when he saying to try to find a reputable member on the boards to help you buy the vouchers is by sending money to the member on the community in advance and they can purchase the voucher and send you the code online through a private message.

Now, the only way I can think of that will facilitate payments to the reputable member would be through EMT (electronic money transfer via interac http://www.interac.ca/en/interac-e-transfer-consumer.html) with your bank. Does your current bank support e-transfers? Typically they are free nowadays, with some banks charging a $1 in fee.

Clefort88

@NDesai, thank you so much for the prompt reply. 

I have checked at every available gas station and convenience store and no one has even heard of them, let alone sells them. 

I rang Walmart today and went through 3 different electronics reps and one customer service rep, all who said they had no idea what PM was, and that only their head office could control what types of things are brought into the store. 

Absolutely infuriating, honestly. I have succumbed to the flu going around and feel wretched. I’ve not had a day off in a good 6 weeks and wrangling the bus trip into the schedule, just to find out that the vouchers aren’t available in the denominations I need them in, is just....lunch bag let down/sucks the biggest goat arse haha. 

So I’ll make the trip tomorrow morning, sick as a dog, on public transit lol and hope beyond hope that the denominations are within my budget lol 

also, what do you mean by the assistance from a reputable member helping with payment vouchers? 

Forgive me if that’s a simple statement, I’ll blame my fever for my confusion 🙄😝

Acekiller

Hopefully PM will widen its retailer locations

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Clefort88 I understand your frustration regarding the voucher availability. 

They did say that vouchers will be available in retails when they announced Walmart retail launch. But they haven't gave us any updates on that.

Have you checked in at local gas station like Cheveron, Husky, Shell, etc? Usually, most who sell other vouchers also sell PM vouches. 

Additionally, you can find a reputable member here who can help you with purhasing vouchers. 

Need Help? Let's chat.