cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card purchase

Bill77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently purchased two SIM card’s Which I paid for using PayPal I believe it was somewhere around the $12 range total.

today in the mail I got one envelope with only one SIM card.

Is this a mistake on behalf of the company there is just nobody to talk to you you can’t contact anybody so I don’t know what to do from here am I still receiving it or did something get screwed up in translation please advise

16 REPLIES 16

@LurganIeUk 

Oh about a month or so ago.....

Edit: 

Or longer as @computergeek541  has posted but no mention of it officially I found out about from his nibs by chance...

@LurganIeUk wrote:

When did this change or was it always that way. I thought you can only change your number once every 30 days??? No need for a laundry list reply😀 just a short one!

Since April 19, customers have been able to change the phone number up to four times in 30 days.

@Meow wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

When did this change or was it always that way. I thought you can only change your number once every 30 days??? No need for a laundry list reply😀 just a short one!

It was a couple few months ago. As usual, no announcement. Maybe it trickled out from the Oracles.

Nice feature, but help me understand the reason why somebody would change its phone number every week?

Are these numbers tracked somewhere? I mean does PM have a list of all numbers you had and changed? This is just opening door for misuse!

@Meow lol. I would think that the average person would NOT. Who is going to want to change all their accounts that have a number linked to it...and who is going to want to tell their friends, businesses and relatives of the changes. BUT on the other hand if a PM number was a second phone that was a contact number for massages, liquor delivery, funny cigarettes  or prescription drug delivery....it would be handy. You have to read between the lines on the last sentence. But from what I understand that is where Fongo and/or Data fits in...if they are bright enough to figure it out. <<== My granddaughter had a real baaaad boy friend. I  don't think it is necessary, but for your first ever set up it would be handy to have that option to find that "best number" for you. 

And the Alberta thing...some think that we ALL have Canada Wide calling and would make no difference....but that is not true and I doubt if your neighbour is going to call you LD are they? I think also the AB thing is to set up your account and pay no PST and then top up...say $100 then later change your number to a local one. But is that worth the savings of maybe $11?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

She can change her phone number in her self serve account up to 4 times per 30 days.We can offer some tips on how to get a preferred area code or exchange depending on location. She could even get an alberta number to begin with and pay only 5% gst.

Huh?! Am I missing something here? Are you saying is we change our phone numbers to Alberta area code we will pay only 5% tax?

@Yummy : Yes. Area codes are allocated to provinces. The taxes charged are based on the provincial taxes of that province. Of course everybody pays gst (except FN's).

Edit: @Meow : What misuse? What does it matter if someone wants to change their number frequently? We don't actually know the rapidity of being able to change it those 4 times.

@Anonymous wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

It was a couple few months ago. As usual, no announcement. Maybe it trickled out from the Oracles.

Nice feature, but help me understand the reason why somebody would change its phone number every week?

Are these numbers tracked somewhere? I mean does PM have a list of all numbers you had and changed? This is just opening door for misuse!

@darlicious wrote:

She can change her phone number in her self serve account up to 4 times per 30 days.We can offer some tips on how to get a preferred area code or exchange depending on location. She could even get an alberta number to begin with and pay only 5% gst.

Huh?! Am I missing something here? Are you saying is we change our phone numbers to Alberta area code we will pay only 5% tax?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@darlicious says:

@Bill77 

Your gf can just activate the sim card online and choose a temporary number to get started. Once all her pm services are up and running she can decide if she wants to keep her current number and port it in to her pm account or just cancel her current service account,. (Then that number is gone....)

When activating be sure to have a referral code for the $10 bonus referral credit and if activating a $35+ plan enter the promocode 2GBBONUS to recieve 2gb of bonus monthly plan data for as long you don't change your rate plan. Both codes are entered in their appropriate boxes on page 4 of the activation portal.

If you or your gf don't have a referral code to use pick a member of the community you would like to befriend and send them a private message to request their code and bff4ever status....lol!😉

@Bill77 wrote:

I wish I would’ve known this one before ha ha too late now.

So I’m ordering it for my girlfriend she wants to change her number as well is there a way to do it on this system she has a current phone number on her iPhone 11 through another company but she needs to change it or at least change a couple of digits on it

Public Mobile's activation systems don't provide any option to look for a specific number or a phone number with a certain pattern of numbers, but during the activation process, she will be given the choice of a few different that she can select from (assuming that she's in a city that Public Moible has phone numbers for).

Bill77

I wish I would’ve known this one before ha ha too late now.

So I’m ordering it for my girlfriend she wants to change her number as well is there a way to do it on this system she has a current phone number on her iPhone 11 through another company but she needs to change it or at least change a couple of digits on it

@Bill77 wrote:

And yes I’m just going to look at it again I think they may have screwed up when I went to check out it looks like I ordered two but they only sent one and only charge me for one which is totally weird thanks for your help

at one point, PM was selling 2 SIM for $10.

if you have Amazon Prime, order from Amazon .. it's $5.

and you need  it for new activation?  If so, check local kiosk, they might give you the SIM for free if you activate with them.

@Bill77 

By any chance did you receive ONE Jacket and 2 SIMS in the jacket? Some sellers do this to avoid having to use a second stamp!!

Who did you order from eBay, PM, CCS, Amazon or??

What was the price per ONE SIM? One at $10 can bring you close to $12 depending on your province. 

Bill77

And yes I’m just going to look at it again I think they may have screwed up when I went to check out it looks like I ordered two but they only sent one and only charge me for one which is totally weird thanks for your help

@Bill77 wrote:

I recently purchased two SIM card’s Which I paid for using PayPal I believe it was somewhere around the $12 range total.

Is this a mistake on behalf of the company there is just nobody to talk to you you can’t contact anybody so I don’t know what to do from here am I still receiving it or did something get screwed up in translation please advise

Was there one $0.00 SIM card and another at $10.00 in your online shopping cart when you checked out? From what I see that promotion end some time recently. When did you order?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Bill77 wrote:

HEllo @Bill77 

You made this purchase through Public Mobile, is that correct?

Do you have your email order confirmation? If you ordered two, than you should have received two.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.