cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card is not arriving

szgntpsz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordered a sim card from the official website (232833) on Dec 12 and it still not arrived and I can't get any update. I saw so many people with the same issue. If I ordered from Amazon, it would have arrived a long time ago. I ordered online because I am under hotel quarantine at the moment due to coming from overseas and it supposed to be my first Canadian sim card. Because of this delay, I couldn't do many things!!! This takes way too long.

I want a refund, please

15 REPLIES 15

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@szgntpsz 

My Sim card took three weeks to arrive

szgntpsz

Thanks a lot, that is very very kind of you.

And I just received my sim card delivery. I wonder someone did something or just good timing :).

Thanks everyone for their help. Topic closed.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Where are you located?  I could drop it off for you if you are close by.

This definitely would be frustrating in your situation.  

Thank you for respecting the quarantine rules and welcome to Canada 😁🇨🇦

Not deflecting at all, @szgntpsz 

Good luck.

@szgntpsz , i understand your frustration.   But honest, with holiday season, it's really hard to have mail delivered within couple days unless it uses courier.  

just  a suggestion, i think you have Wifi.  Go to Fongo.ca to get a free VoIP number.  It use Apps for incoming and outgoing calls.  You can pick a local phone number.  Before you get your phone setup, i guess this is a valid solution for you to contact people.   Hope this helps

@szgntpsz 

Canada Post is considerably backlogged. From Black Friday , covid and now Xmas season. 

I have a package with Canada Post (was express post so I could track it) The Bay(a Canadian store) shipped my item on December 7th. I'm 2 hours away. Today is the 21st and my package is no where in sight. I don't expect to see it till the new year. 

Welcome to Canada lol..

On another note. Download the TEXTNOW app. You get a Canadian number in your area and you can call and text Canada /USA numbers for FREE over wifi or data. It even has voicemail if you're not online. 

So put to the hotels wifi to Good use. 

Happy Holidays!

szgntpsz

Stop deflecting my friend. The issue here is that Public Mobile promised to deliver in certain time but it didn`t. It could easily said deliveries might take 2-3 weeks due to bla bla, but it does not. Website still lies about the delivery time.

I am writing these posts to inform potential buyers and users.

Well it sounds like end of quarantine can't come soon enough for you @szgntpsz 

We are all in a horrible, and challenging, time.

It's too bad provisions can't be made for some kind of 3rd party assistance by someone to help with people new to the country who have to quarantine.   

I feel for you.

Hi @szgntpsz 

Canadiancellsiplies.com sells it for 2.5-3 with free shipping and usually delivery is within 5 days.

szgntpsz

I an new in the country, I do not know anyone to deliver me anything unfortunately.

My local Wallmart doesnt have public mobile sim card in stock since I arrived. And, I cannot leave the hotel because I am under quarantine. I am stuck and wasted all that time believing that sim card will be delivered within the time frame. The day after ordered the sim card, I realized Amazon also sells that and the delivery time was 1 day!!. Now even Amazon says it will take 9 days of course due to Christmas. By that time I will be out from the hotel and can purchase one from thr store. BUT I WASTED ALL THAT FREE TIME DURING ME QUARANTINE WHILE I SUPPOSED TO TALK TO REAL ESTATE AGENTS FOR RENTALS, APPLY VARIOUS THINGS THAT REQUIRES CANADIAN MOBILE PHONE ETC.

I do not care about the $10 bucks I am frustrated because of the service and complete waste of time!!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@szgntpsz wrote:

I ordered a sim card from the official website (232833) on Dec 12 and it still not arrived and I can't get any update. I saw so many people with the same issue. If I ordered from Amazon, it would have arrived a long time ago. I ordered online because I am under hotel quarantine at the moment due to coming from overseas and it supposed to be my first Canadian sim card. Because of this delay, I couldn't do many things!!! This takes way too long.

I want a refund, please

if you need it urgently, the best way is to go to a Walmart.  They will give the SIM to you for free and they will help you to setup as well.  

I like going this way, other than the SIM is free, they will confirm if the SIM works.  If you need to port the number over, they will get all the information from you and start the process, too

SIM cards are also available at London Drugs and CanadianCellSupplies (if you live near 2489 Finch Ave W, Toronto, ON - slim chance, i know, but throwing it out there....)

Also, I would KEEP the extra SIM when it arrives - you never know when an extra SIM card might come in handy.   You could also sell or give it to a friend if they're going to activate with Public Mobile, give them your referral code, and both of you would get a reduction in your bills. (you, a $1 credit per every 30 days;   them, a 1-time $10 sign-up bonus)

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Where are you located?  Could you get a friend to pick one up for you?  Walmart sells them.  You could sell the one you ordered online later once it arrives.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @szgntpsz 

Sorry to hear about this.  You're asking this on a community forum.  It's likely this time of year it would take 2+ weeks to get this if using Canada Post.

If you prefer to deal with Public Mobile customer service staff, you can reach the Moderators by 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There have been delays due to the pandemic.  It usually takes two to three weeks.

Need Help? Let's chat.