cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign up by August 21st and save $10 on the $50 Plan for 6 months-Help salesmen did not pick promo

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I just realized as I was going over my boyfriend's account that the salesmen did not sign us up for the correct new customer activation promotion at London drugs. Being a new customer we did the activation in store as the activation process can be problematic online. We asked for and the $10 off for 6 months the $50 8.5 gb plan. We activated the account at about 8pm on August 21st and I was charged $56 with auto pay set up on my credit card. I thought we were charged $40 for the plan+$10 SIM card +12% tax=$6=$56. I just checked his online account and realized he's paying full price. The salesmen gave us a free SIM card instead. When i looked at the promo I see now he didn't choose the correct promotional plan. We were very specific in what and why we wanted it however he wasn't trained well enough in picking the correct promotion in the London drug computer. Can you send the link to the moderator to me. I already had words with Simon.. I'm really starting to hate that guy. I think I'd rather fill the ticket in myself rather than say something I might regret and hurt simons feelings. I think he might cry. Help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15

Looks like its fixed.  good update. Smiley Happy

I spoke to or rather messaged with a human. A moderator contacted me. After some initial confusion over which account I was referring to the moderator looked into the issue with a couple messages back and forth on Saturday. I woke up Sunday with a message it would be addressed. By early Sunday afternoon I received a message that the discount would be applied on the next cycle as they had applied the appropriate promo code to the account. Thanks moderators! 

I did send a ticket I just sent an additional private message explaining the situation  referencing the post and included the ticket tracking number.

@Jb456 wrote:

Faster response via SIMON

Write "Human"

Then choose "Account specific question"

Then choose "No I want a human"

Then click ticket link that Simon provides

Open ticket is faster.

Didnt get a lot of sleep last night...i gave up when I couldn't figure out where my clipboard was.... 

Did it the old fashion way....typed in title article etc...and summarized the main points.

Caution: learning spoiler alert: (Don't look below unless your having trouble finding the Permalink and want to move on.)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Retail/Sign-up-by-August-21st-and-save-10-on-the-50-P...

Ooooh!!!! More learnin....lets see if I can figure it out.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

That's a great idea. Give them a quick rundown of what you're up against and then put the permalink as well. I've not tried this, but if it works it will be very informative for them. Do you know how to get the permalink. I believe it's in the three-dot menu.

Can I add to the private message to the moderator  the particulars of the issue or direct them to my original post that pretty much sums up the issue? How do you address the underlying issue with pm that their vendors aren't properly informed/educated about ongoing promotions. I thought we were pretty clear about the promotion we were signing up for as a new customer and he was aware as well but didn't know how to choose or imput it correctly in the store computer which is the online activation form. That's why new customers choose in store activations and the salesperson gets a commission.  I had to go thru the activation process 4 times online last night to port my second number over it's not for the faint hearted. If I could have done the rbc promo in store I would have

...the glitches in the system are one of the reasons some people stay with higher priced plans elsewhere. It's not worth the headache to them.

I don't think I could make it thru a short conversation with Simon. I understand how he can't get to the root of the issue and he could be very helpful to a lot of people. I would prefer to fill in the blanks myself. I didn't immerse myself in the pm community for the past two weeks learning as much as I can to frustrate myself to no end talking to a bot. Sorry but I don't deal with technology well.....its starts to get smashy smashy. Lol

The ticketing systems choices are pretty vague... but I guess if it speeds up the process. Does it make a difference that it's my boyfriend's Account? It's my credit card set up for auto pay and the one that was erroneously charged. Sort of...i was charged the right amount just not to the correct recipients at the time. Should have been $40+tax to pm and $10+tax to London drugs

@Jb456 wrote:

Write "Human"

That's a great short cut. I wonder if not going through the process might actually slow down the response time as SIMON is prevented from receiving valuable information. Anyway, feel free to use this shortcut, but if you answer the questions as SIMON was intended, I think you'll reduce the number of times a Moderator has to contact you before solving your issue.

Aha that's the trick. Well now I get to learn the ticketing system. The learning curve on here is steep. Getting a little pissed at London drugs they really don't know what they're doing when it comes to public mobile.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Write "Human"

GR
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious  tell Simon you want to talk to a human, they said that's the trick to getting a ticket

Need Help? Let's chat.