cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shoppers Drug Mart in Etobicoke

kistarla
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey all,

Thought I'd share an experience I had today attempting to buy a voucher at a Shoppers in the west end. I've been buying vouchers at this location for months without ever any problem.

Tonight, however they weren't activating at the register. I'm not sure if it was because it was at the cosmetics counter (the supervisor flat out refused to try activating at a regular checkout and was just plain rude in general) or because I was paying with cash this time, or just simple bad luck.

Have others experienced this recently?

I'm a bit down to the wire because my plan expires tonight and my Recharge code hasn't arrived yet...Anyway, word to the wise, don't be like me and leave topping up to the last minute!

15 REPLIES 15

kistarla

Thanks to all who replied for all your help and info! Appreciate it. Everything's a-ok again.

@kistarlaIf you still have service then you don't need to click on Reactivate your plan.

kistarla

Okie, so I finally received my code from Recharge, just under 6 hours after ordering, and I've successfully topped up the account.

One last thing! Do I need click on the "Reactivate Current Plan" link in Account Overview?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kistarla wrote:

@Anonymous I've been refreshing my email and spam like crazy lol. I received the PayPal confirmation within seconds. Opened up a support ticket with Recharge...nothing, nada.

@hairbag1Really? That's a big relief! I figured once the clock struck midnight it was totally over.

Well, now just back to waiting.

iirc you might be able to log in to recharge to indirectly figure out if you typed in the right email address.

I let an account suspend for lack of payment a while ago and it wasn't until mid-next morning that it finally stopped services.

kistarla

@Anonymous I've been refreshing my email and spam like crazy lol. I received the PayPal confirmation within seconds. Opened up a support ticket with Recharge...nothing, nada.

@hairbag1Really? That's a big relief! I figured once the clock struck midnight it was totally over.

Well, now just back to waiting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kistarla wrote:

I don't have a credit card, but before turning to Recharge my roommate let me try his cc and it was denied.

Question to all you kind and wise folks: If I don't get my code from Recharge in time and my plan expires, can I send proof to a mod (Recharge/PayPal receipt) that I tried to pay in time? Will that proof and the eventual code I receive be enough to hold on to my plan? Or is it "over, Johnny"?

Did you check your spam/junk? I checked my records and it was really like within a minute. Even getting the code before the receipt from Paypal.

When you get it use the 611 service. I believe it to be faster and more reliable than the self-serve for these things.

@kistarla wrote:

I don't have a credit card, but before turning to Recharge my roommate let me try his cc and it was denied.

Question to all you kind and wise folks: If I don't get my code from Recharge in time and my plan expires, can I send proof to a mod (Recharge/PayPal receipt) that I tried to pay in time? Will that proof and the eventual code I receive be enough to hold on to my plan? Or is it "over, Johnny"?

If your plan does expire...you have 90 days to reactivate it again. After 90 days....*poof*...it's gone for good.

kistarla

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for sharing. A cautionary tale....and some common sense too....you can't always rely on everything working properly all the time...a little like auto pay. You may want to call your local shoppers and speak to the manager. Just ask if this had ever happened before...how they resolved it...do they think they will have issues in the future? You can then formulate a back up plan for yourself. I shop a lot at shoppers and 99% of the time I've had great service but occasionally  they do screw up like us all. Informing the manager will give them the opportunity to address the issue and hopefully reassuring you and others can rely on them to be a good retail partner with public mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

@kistarla  some people use a prepaid credit card like teh canada post one or others.  PM actually promoted a virtual one called Koho iirc.

the nice thing about this is you can get teh $2 autopay and you just need to top un teh cc when you need.

I think @robertqc  and @Anonymous   have more experience with thses than I do.

Yes. I use the Vanilla branded prepaid "credit" card gift card. Not MyVanilla. I'm not sure what brand is behind the Canada Post one.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kistarla  some people use a prepaid credit card like teh canada post one or others.  PM actually promoted a virtual one called Koho iirc.

the nice thing about this is you can get teh $2 autopay and you just need to top un teh cc when you need.

I think @robertqc  and @Anonymous   have more experience with thses than I do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kistarla wrote:

Yeah, currently waiting on my code from Recharge. Hopefully, it arrives in the next 30 min or so. Not really close to a 7/11.

My experience with recharge was shortly after purchase. Check your spam/junk.

If you have a valid Cdn credit card, you can make your renewal payment that way too. Put the card on your file to get the $2 Autopay reward...even if you manually top up with voucher.

Good luck whatever happens.

kistarla

Yeah, currently waiting on my code from Recharge. Hopefully, it arrives in the next 30 min or so. Not really close to a 7/11.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You can go to the nearest 7-11 type store and get a payemnt voucher to top up pre-renewal. Call 611 to have the voucher applied to your account.

Alternative is to try ding.com, or recharge.com

Need Help? Let's chat.