cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM cards....

Macaleken
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My daughter would like to switch to public, however, the only SIM cards we can buy locally are lucky. The local dominion store that we would normally visit is closed due to an employee strike for the past 6 weeks. The local dollar store only offers lucky. Is there any other retails out there that carry public SIM cards?

Thanks!

19 REPLIES 19

@Ash786 wrote:

Hi I ordered a sim card on nov 19 but i still have not received it. any idea how long this takes? 

It usually takes 2 - 3 weeks. Could be longer now due to the Christmas rush.

Ash786

Hi I ordered a sim card on nov 19 but i still have not received it. any idea how long this takes? 

@Macaleken 

Looks like they're all concentrated in and around St. John's. TMS at loblaws, Wal-Mart, Dominion and the telus store are your best bets. CCS is very reliable currently pm sim cards are $5.99 but create an account and you will be sent sale alerts. There are limited amounts of vouchers available jump on them they sell out fast......

London Drugs are in western provinces only. 

Also try Craigslist or EBay. 

maggiemarie

If you have Walmart in your area they carry public SIM cards 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Macaleken 

This might help. (Remember to set location to your home province.)

I ordered another two directly from Public Mobile a few weeks back, they arrived on day 4, Canada Post Expressmail from ON to BC.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Check your local Super store.

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Since you mention Dominion stores, I'm guessing you're in Newfoundland.

I ordered a SIM from Canadian Cell Supplies and it took less than a week to get from Ontario to BC.

That might be your best bet. 

@Jb456 wrote:

@Macaleken I can vouch for @hairbag1 suggestion on Canadian Cell Supplies. Ordered twice from them.

Last order was later at night Friday September 18th. Received email Saturday morning the 19th that it was shipped. Delivered to Montreal area Wednesday the 23rd.

They ship from North York Ontario. 

@darlicious  recently reported that she received her sim from CCS in less than a week ...and she's on the west coast.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Macaleken 

Did you check the store locator link below as I’m sure there’s a retailer that sells PM SIMs. If you can’t find a store near you then you can order one by mail.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/store-locator

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 . Based on some recent threads I have to go with PMs shipper just being slow to prepare the package and get them to Canada Post. 

No reason it should be taking them a week to get sim card to Canada Post.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Macaleken I can vouch for @hairbag1 suggestion on Canadian Cell Supplies. Ordered twice from them.

Last order was later at night Friday September 18th. Received email Saturday morning the 19th that it was shipped. Delivered to Montreal area Wednesday the 23rd.

They ship from North York Ontario. 

@Jb456 I'm not sure if the problem is with Canada Post or with Public Mobile's shipper.  The merchant that you mentioned is also shipping by Canada Post.  I've received (and sent) things within Canada and some of them also took weeks to arrive. I'll admit that it does seem better of late.

@computergeek541  just my opinion so please don't take any offense. 

With all the threads lately of people waiting forever for a sim card from PM. Sometimes over a week for PM to just ship the card and they only get it 3 weeks later. I don't think this is a good suggestion to the OP (again just my opinion)

I'd go with Canada Cell Supplies till PM gets there act together.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Macaleken..

these guys are a popular source for the PM sim cards. People who bought from them report very fast delivery and if you happen to be in the GTA, you can pick up yourself.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/latest-products/products/public-sim-card

@Macaleken If you're not in a hurry to receive the sim card, one can be purchased from https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started .

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Macaleken wrote:

My daughter would like to switch to public, however, the only SIM cards we can buy locally are lucky. The local dominion store that we would normally visit is closed due to an employee strike for the past 6 weeks. The local dollar store only offers lucky. Is there any other retails out there that carry public SIM cards?

Thanks!

Walmart or London Drugs or online at amazon, Public Mobile or Canadian Cell Supplies.

You can also use the store locator:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Do you have a Walmart or London drugs near you?

Need Help? Let's chat.