cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card

Imvc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm from a rural Sask town and found a sim card from Red Apple. The store staff didn't even know it's a sim card or how much it is ($10). Went to 3 other stores first but they didn't have sim cards. Red Apple is also not listed on the PM store locator. 

6 REPLIES 6

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I live in a very populated town. I went to Wal-Mart, which is on the list of where to buy SIM cards, they told me they don't have any. The only way to get one was order it online. I haven't tried any other stores yet. There is a store locator portal with a list in Retail. 

@Imvc wrote:

Yes, that's what I did before deciding to move from Telus to PM. It's finding the sim card in a town of 2k that was a little difficult for me. Doing it on the eleventh hour (no time to order online) didn't help either. Ended well though and I'm happy I did the switch 🙂 

It's good that you checked for coverage, but for a rural area, it's also important to check that Public Mobile offers local phone numbers for your town. Especially in Northern Territories, there are areas that Public Mobile service does work (because of it being a Bell covered area), but Public Mobile doesn't have phone numbers for some of those places.

Imvc

I wouldn't call Red Apple a convenience store, maybe a really really small department store, but it was convenient they had the sim card when the convenience stores here didn't. I went to those first thinking sim cards would be available for people passing through or something. Even the town computer/mobile shop doesn't sell PM sim cards. So far, I'm happy switching to PM so all the search for a sim card was worth it! 

Imvc

Yes, that's what I did before deciding to move from Telus to PM. It's finding the sim card in a town of 2k that was a little difficult for me. Doing it on the eleventh hour (no time to order online) didn't help either. Ended well though and I'm happy I did the switch 🙂 

Red Apple is a convenience store, eh? How convenient is it that they went to the nearest Walmart or Superstore, or maybe Amazon and purchased PM SIM cards and made them available to the residents of your area. I'm not sure how PM feels about "Authorized resellers," but I get the impression that they encourage the prolifiration of the Brand, the service and ultimately the SIM cards.

It's a small investment to purchase a SIM and set up a "New Number" and see how the service works for you in your area. Just don't close your old account and port your number until you know the service is reliable in your area.

SaskCoverage.PNG

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Imvc wrote:

I'm from a rural Sask town and found a sim card from Red Apple. The store staff didn't even know it's a sim card or how much it is ($10). Went to 3 other stores first but they didn't have sim cards. Red Apple is also not listed on the PM store locator. 

If the sim card hasn't been used before, you can activate it. If the store doesn't know where the sim card came from, check Public Mobile's coverage map to see if services works in your area.

Need Help? Let's chat.