cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail store experience

Jencho
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sales person suggested that I do not go with Public Mobile, he suggested Koodo.  He stated that Public has dropped calls.  People are leaving Public and going to Koodo. He further stated that my friend should stay with Koodo. Any other person had this experience? 

16 REPLIES 16

marsbar

Maybe the salesperson was confusing Public with Freedom?

wting
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The answer is quite simply - really.  I have sold plans before.  It is the commission received by the dealer and sales representatives.  PM is self-serve - I don't believe there is a commission structure.  There is no incentive for any sales rep to promote or recommend PM because of this.  There is hardly any profit margin just selling a SIM card, so some boutique kiosks sell "value-added" service such as assisted activation or porting.  It's a business game.

I do admit that I miss having "visual voicemail" on my FIDO plan, but so far the PM experience is great. You do have to consider a carrier's offering in its entirety, and see if the features match your needs.  For instance, PM sold me because of its reasonably priced US data roaming add-on.  Playing the price war game ultimately hurt customers.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Jencho,

thank you for your patience!

I can see that my colleague Saray had sent you a message on December 6th asking for the details of the account affected. However, we did not hear back from you. In order for us to access the account, we'll need the information asked. Please view your private messages as I have just sent you one. 

I look forward to your reply,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Jencho

I got public mobile as a Christmas present for my son. He cannot sign into public mobile with his email to set us his account. It's says account not found.

i have contacted Moderator public mobile, about 7 times, they are 

Still looking into it.  I paid for 3 months as a present for my son.

It has been a waste of my money.

@Jencho, what errors are you getting while trying to port out a number?  It has been a long time since I have had to do it but make sure that you are using the name of the user authorized to make changes to the account.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jencho

Downtown Toronto.

Thanks for letting me know that All cellphone providers have dropped calls

Jencho

Did u having problems porting your number because  I cannot port his number?

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

While there are ppl leaving PM to go to Koodo, dropped calls are not the reason for them to leave. Most often it is the lack of customer service, or phone subsidy.

Jencho

When I was purchasing a cellphone with a phone plan.  I was looking into Virgin, Fido, Bell, Chatr and Koodo.  The two salesperson were both pushing me to get Koodo.  I feel that Koodo gives them the most commission

@thomasn83 most store reps push whichever brand pays them most commission

Watch this month & place a wager that Lucky Mobile will get a big push from Bell

That is the huge disadvantage with stores selling multiple brands (even if same family, eg only Telus/Koodo/Public)

Reps tell customers how experianced they are and looking for best deals etc but usually not true

Customer needs to do own research before going in

thomasn83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Jencho this happened to me when I tried buying a SIM from a WOW! mobile kiosk. They tried selling me on Chatr like his life depended on it... but it was definitely not worth it. I'm glad I made the switch to PM. It's been great so far (just over 3 months).

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So far, as I have been with public mobile for almost a year now, I have never experienced any drop calls and what not. I live in downtown toronto so it wouldnt be an issue for me but durig the summer I went on a road trip across Canada and I never dropped signal there. I had full bars and LTE speed everywhere I was. Yes, though public mobile has no in store or call help, that is the reason why the plans are alot chheaper, because they dont have to pay anyone for help. The community here are so helpful, so I give everyone here a round of applause for their work and effort. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Jencho, I had some similar experience when I purchased a SIM from Walmart.  Was told there was no customer service except online messaging, they couldn't provide any assistance at all with it but if I wanted they could help me setup a Chatr account.  My thoughts on the whole Retail experience is that they don't actually know anything about Public Mobile and there is no financial incentive for them to get people on PM.  I am sure some carriers offer $ incentives to employees who sign up new customers and when you have someone making near minimum wage they will be more inclined to push a prkoduct that gives them money rather than saves you money.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's all the same network (Telus, Koodo, Public Mobile), so I don't understand why the salesperson thought it would be different.  Maybe they wanted you to sign up with Koodo because it's more expensive.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@Jencho in my biased experiance I just filed CCTS complaint against Koodo and ported the number over to Public so take it as you will

Cat Wink

Really overall level of quality is same

Advantage with Koodo is if you need hardware, otherwise Public is normally cheaper

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

A few have said this too, but honestly, it's the same network, so dropped calls will happen for Koodo, Telus, and any other carrier using the same network.

I've been here for 19 months now... very few issues ever.

Which location was it? 

Need Help? Let's chat.