cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail Activation/promotion

Faisal2c
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi every one, 

I feel like I was scammed by Public mobile salesman at Atwater Public mobile kiosk. 

I bought a sim card from the shop on 16 NOV 2019 as the promotion says $35 with 5GB data for the next 6 months. 

it means I have to pay $40.25 including taxes for the next 6 months!.

I ended up paying $40 for the plan + $10 sim card + Taxes= $57.49 and Public Mobile salesman promises me that this is just the first payment but next month I have to pay $35 only for the next 6 months as the promotion says! 

In Dec I found my total bill $40 + Taxes= $45.99 and I couldn't reach you to discuss whether I was scammed or not. my line was deactivated the whole day I couldn't receive any calls. I ended paying $45.99 just to get my line back. 

I'm not happy with this service, by paying $45 I can get a sim card from a highly rated alternative operator with real LTE 4G speed. 

Is there any way to have a refund for my remain payment once I switch to another real LTE 4G operator, or should I be stocked with you till the end of my next payment then I switch to other real LTE 4G operators?  

See my proof photos below 

Thank you.

Faisal HasanIMG_4341.JPEGIMG_4342.JPEG

18 REPLIES 18

Faisal2c

Thank you. 

I just did. 

Regards. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Faisal2c wrote:

Is there any official E-mail belong to Public Mobile, so I can directly contact them regarding my promotion problem? 

Public Mobile does not provide customer service by e-mail.

@Faisal2c  Just use the private messaging link to contact the moderators.  Its basically the same as email. Then go into your profile and sign up for email alerts for your private message box.

@Faisal2c wrote:

Is there any official E-mail belong to Public Mobile, so I can directly contact them regarding my promotion problem? 

Public Mobile does not provide customer service by e-mail.

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

sorry to hear about the struggle. 

Heart

@Faisal2c wrote:

@Faisal2c 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Faisal2c

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Faisal2c wrote:

I'm trying my best to reach public mobile customer care support and I couldn't! 

I was trying to make payment 2 days before my due date but their website doesn't accept my Canadian credit card, I even try to make payment with my friend's Canadian credit card it doesn't work as well. 

They don't have an ios application like other companies, I was trying to call them last day I couldn't reach them, what should I do? 

and now I'm 100% sure that I have entered my correct user name and password and it does say ERROR. 

is public mobile a real operator in Canada - Quebec? or a scam? I'm really getting suspicious! 

I have been in so many countries and I have never felt this kind of weirdness tbh. 

anyways I might be losing $10 within a couple of months but they might lose customers forever, I will never recommend it to anyone, all my friends & colleagues couldn't belives this kind of promotion from day one and they want my feedback if its real or fake. unfortunately hard to say it's real since I can't have my right back as they advertised this promotion. 

This might be all old news now but...

So you're logged in here and posting. That means you have the right credentials for the community. That submit form needs the same credentials. You're using the right username. But are you using the community password or the self-serve password?

No this place is not a scam. Just that something got tripped up in your account. Only the moderator team can fix it.

@Faisal2c 

There are some important steps you must take when making any changes within your account. Use a desktop or laptop if possible. Clear the browser (search history) absolutely have only one tab open...in secret/incognito mode. Use chrome or Firefox as they work best. Log into your account. Go to payment page. Either choose make a payment or add payment method if you want to keep the card on file and later register for autopay. Enter the card details using ALL CAPS. Enter address exactly as it appears on your billing statement. Do not use the apt/unit # box leave it blank. Just use the street address. Do not put a space in the postal code. (X0X0X0) not like this (X0X 0X0)!! Or if there is a space in your postal code on your billing statement you can leave the last digit off like this (X0X 0X). Once you've added all credit card information choose the payment...i prefer other and add a dollar o two more than what is owing. This way you have a couple of dollars to use if  you get a glitch in the system that you can fix by adding a $1 dollar payment to kick start the payment system into accepting the original payment that is due. If the system accepts your payment after confirming payment and submitting payment go back to the overview page. If it says  "Active" log out and reboot your phone. If it doesn't say "Active" click on the "reactivate " button. If it does not go to "Active" go back to the payment page and now choose make a payment, choose other and add $1 (from the extra $$ money you added earlierto your balance) and again confirm and submit payment. Repeat steps, overview, active?, reboot or reactivate, active, log out and reboot phone. Your service should be up and running. If these steps don't work you will have to wait for the moderator and have them add your credit card, payment and activate your account.

If you have to pay the full amount of $40 first your next renewal will be free because you will have $40 in credits added to your account. $30 by the moderator and another $10 on your next renewal. If you register for autopay you will get $2 for this month and $2 on renewal so you will have $44 in credits. After renewal that will leave you with a balance of $4.

Other options for payment include purchasing vouchers at retailers like Canadian tire or Shell gas stations (recommended),or instant top ups available at retailers ( check your area) or online for a fee (recharge.com or muskbird.com)  these load within a couple hours and vouchers you can add thru your account or by dialing 611. If you have more questions we will continue to help.

@Faisal2c  This way could be easier for you. Go to the top right corner of your screen and click on the envelope icon next to your avatar. This is your private message box. Click on send message. In the address bar type in @Moderator_team. If you do this correctly a box will appear below with it in it with a avatar on the left and MOD on the right. Click on it and it will fill itself in the address bar. Explain your missing credits issue. Include in your message (only ever give this info to a moderator in your private messages...never in the community forum) your email address used for your account, full name, dob, pin # and ph #. They may ask you your security question and answer  or other details in your account to verify you are the account holder. If you have missed your payment you can also get them to add your credit card details and register for autopay it saves you $2 more an makes paying much easier. You may have to pay the full $40 to get your account out of suspension for missing your payment you can ask the moderator if they can apply your credits first.  they should be in touch sometime tomorrow maybe by noon. Keep an eye on your private message box for a msg from the moderator by a little number appearing on the envelope icon.

Once you finish your message make sure you click on post. Try this now. I will give you options to pay shortly....

Faisal2c

First of all, Thank you. 

Should I wait and try again to open a ticket? 

I'm lost here. 

Regards. 

@Faisal2c 

If you're creating a ticket and it doesn't accept your self serve credentials, your identity can still be verified using your account PIN.

Faisal2c

I'm trying my best to reach public mobile customer care support and I couldn't! 

I was trying to make payment 2 days before my due date but their website doesn't accept my Canadian credit card, I even try to make payment with my friend's Canadian credit card it doesn't work as well. 

They don't have an ios application like other companies, I was trying to call them last day I couldn't reach them, what should I do? 

and now I'm 100% sure that I have entered my correct user name and password and it does say ERROR. 

Untitled-2.jpg

is public mobile a real operator in Canada - Quebec? or a scam? I'm really getting suspicious! 

I have been in so many countries and I have never felt this kind of weirdness tbh. 

anyways I might be losing $10 within a couple of months but they might lose customers forever, I will never recommend it to anyone, all my friends & colleagues couldn't belives this kind of promotion from day one and they want my feedback if its real or fake. unfortunately hard to say it's real since I can't have my right back as they advertised this promotion. 

@Faisal2c  At public mobile there are occasionally mistakes made and it does appear that the $10 credit is not being applied to your billing/account. A$10 credit should have appeared within the first 30 days and a second credit applied at renewal. As of today public mobile owes you a $20 credit and will apply a third $10 credit at your next renewal so your amount owing will be $10+tax unless you've registered for autopay then it's $2 cheaper. The same thing happened to my boyfriend's account and the moderators applied the credit and fixed the account to credit the $10 upon renewal.

Unless you are streaming HD videos most people notice very little difference between throttled 3G and 4GLTE data. Is this really a deal breaker for you considering the price you are paying for 6 months with a properly applied credit? Public mobile has also given everyone a free holiday 1gb data add on and 400 international minutes add on that you can load onto your account. How many other providers do that? Once you get over the initial shock that your credit wasn't applied and you submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue to the moderators and they rectify the problem take the next few months to enjoy the savings at public mobile and test your data speed to see if you can really notice the difference in data speed. If after your discount expires you feel public mobile is not for you by all means port your number out to another provider. $30 per month ($28 w/autopay) is very cheap for free texts/calls and 5gb data. And the two free add ons that roll over every month until you use them up ($46 value.) Other than the bill shock from the missing credits your bill will never have any roaming, overages, rate increases or extra charges....ever. So take some time to consider your choices and make an informed decision rather than a rash one. Welcome to public mobile. At the community we are always happy to help as we are customers just like you.

Faisal2c

Hi every one, 

I feel like I was scammed by Public mobile salesman at Atwater Public mobile kiosk. 

I bought a sim card from the shop on 16 NOV 2019 as the promotion says $35 with 5GB data for the next 6 months. 

I ended up paying $40 for the plan + $10 sim card + Taxes= $57.49 and Public Mobile salesman promises me that this is just the first payment but next month I have to pay $35 only for the next 6 months as the promotion says! 

In Dec I found my total bill $40 + Taxes= $45.99 and I couldn't reach you to discuss whether I was scammed or not. my line was deactivated the whole day I couldn't receive any calls. I ended paying $45.99 just to get my line back. 

I'm not happy with this service, by paying $45 I can get a sim card from a highly rated alternative operator with real LTE 4G speed. 

Is there any way to have a refund for my remain payment once I switch to another real LTE 4G operator, or should I be stocked with you till the end of my next payment then I switch to other real LTE 4G operators?  

IMG_4341.JPEGIMG_4342.JPEGpublic mobile.jpg

Thank you.

Faisal Hasan

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Faisal2c  Unfortunately PM does not issue refunds. Best to take advantage of your current promo for the next 6 months and then decide after the promo expires.

It appears you are correct that PM is not applying the $10 credit. In order to fix this just submit a ticket to PM and they will fix the problem and make sure the correct credits get applied. To submit a ticket do the following:

stpm-new.png

Faisal2c

public mobile.jpg

@Faisal2c 

I have moved your message and replies to it into a new thread as this isn't related to this past weekend's flash sale.

The details in about the promotion that you sign up for are in the following thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Until-November-21-get-10-off-for-the-fi...

If your Public Mobile account has not received any $10 credits, you will need to open a ticket with the moderators. The credits should have been deposited into your account automaticaly. Please go to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and then type in "rep".

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Faisal2c wrote:

Hi every one, 

Thank you.

Faisal Hasan

Looks to me like you got the $40 plan. Which is the 5gb with autopay. Then for your renewals you should be paying $34.49 total all in for the 40 - 10 promo. What does your payment card actually say you paid for your renewal? You might have an autopay credit and reward in there too.

Maybe post a screen snip of your self-serve payment history here so we can help you sort it out. Blank out personal info of course.

Need Help? Let's chat.