cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refurbished Phones Mobile Klinik and Public Mobile .... both owned by Telus

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Telus does offer refurbished phones but lowest they have for iPhone is SE and XR.

So is Mobile Klinik the refurbisher?

Note price differences. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 8.35.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-31 at 8.41.37 PM.png

10 REPLIES 10

winston11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Mobile Klinik owned by Telus, thats good to know

Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What I’ve found out…..not much I’m afraid. 
here are two links: one for Android, other for Samsung. 

https://www.google.ca/search?q=check+battery+cycle+count+on+android&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-ca&clien... 

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s8-and-s8-plus/999844-whats-your-battery-health-cyc...

send me a private message for more details, if needed. 

@Koombassi wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

You're The Man!!! ( I'm assuming ). 

😂😂

@Koombassi wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

One thing I'm very attuned to on any smart phone is the condition of the battery, specifically the battery cycle count. I would never purchase a pre-owned phone without knowing what that number is. There is a simple process to check it out, if you don't know it.

How do you check battery cycle count on Android phone (Samsung, Motorola)?

And how do you define 'battery cycle'?

Koombassi

@LurganIeUk 

You're The Man!!! ( I'm assuming ). 

Any iPhone  I have bought I ask for the battery %. I have never bought a refurbished phone nor would I and I have been burned on other refurbished items over the years from a Liquidation Warehouse and London Drugs. And any iPhones needing a battery would be part of the negotiation AND I know how to replace them myself. I do better!!!

Koombassi

@computergeek541 

Yeah, I've been around this corner before. You're right of course. But the hassle of purchasing a pre-owned phone, checking the battery cycle count (5 min); and then discovering its way too high. Now the return and refund process. For me, I'd rather pony up the extra 200+ and know what I'm getting with a new phone. Granted, from the little I know, most pre-owned units come it's a 1yr warranty and in the case of PM that generous 30 no questions asked return option. 
But, that's me. 

@Koombassi wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

One thing I'm very attuned to on any smart phone is the condition of the battery, specifically the battery cycle count. I would never purchase a pre-owned phone without knowing what that number is. There is a simple process to check it out, if you don't know it. 

While a seller of refurbished and used phones may have a set threshhold, you're not going to be able to know the exact battery help on a specific device before purchase, especially when it comes to the a large company such as Telus.

Koombassi

@LurganIeUk 

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Telus does offer refurbished phones but lowest they have for iPhone is SE and XR.

So is Mobile Klinik the refurbisher?

Mobile Klinik is a Telus owned brand/company, so in some ways, I see them as both the same.

Need Help? Let's chat.