cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund ???

Carol1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello 

We were on holidays in Canda recently and I purchased  a Public  Moblie Sim card to use while we were Canada. I purchased the sim card at London Drugs, 710 Granville street , Vancouver 16.12 2018. I purchased a basic sim card $25 with no internet on the plan, just in case we needed to make local calls.  However we did not get a chance to to use any of the sim card at all and took the public Mobile sim out of my phone and put the Australian sim back in so that we could have internet access. We have since returned to Australia ..and was wondering if we are able to be refunded ??  I have kept all the documentations for the purchase of the public mobile sim card  and can provide it if need be..  

We look forward to a speedy reply.

Regards

Carol 

12 REPLIES 12

@Lieux wrote:

@Briittws  a écrit :

No clue as to how to make my own post - this is not a reply lol sorry

um how do I contact someone from public mobile?

I’m getting a new phone in a week with a different company how ever my bill for this phone already came out a few days ago. Would I be able to get half refund for half the month I will no longer need the phone for?  

Sorry but with public mobile it’ s prepaid. What you have paid was for 30 days even if you don’t use your phone. Smiley Embarassed

@Briittws, if you're wanting to keep your phone number, is good that it was paid last week,as you need it active to change to the new provider.

At this time, I would suggest removing your credit card info if it still exists in Self-Serve, as you will not be able to remove it afterwards if your number is ported out.

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Because its a prepaid plan their is no refund. Contact a moderator for any issues with your account.

@Briittws  a écrit :

I’m getting a new phone in a week with a different company how ever my bill for this phone already came out a few days ago. Would I be able to get half refund for half the month I will no longer need the phone for?  

Sorry but with public mobile it’ s prepaid. What you have paid was for 30 days even if you don’t use your phone. Smiley Embarassed

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Briittws 

Sorry.as PM isprepaid there are no refunds for unused service

Briittws
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Alex888 wrote:

Probably not, but at this point they would be the only ones who could. They would at least have a definitive answer.

I wouldn't waste the time of the moderators with this question at all as there are no refunds.  The OP purchased this as a JUST IN CASE they needed it.  It is like purchasing a Jerry can of gas for a trip just in case you need it.  You can't take that back for a refund.

@ShawnC13 great analogy.  It holds up.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Carol1

PM service is prepaid service.  There is no refund from prepaid service providers in Canada including PM.

@Alex888 wrote:

Probably not, but at this point they would be the only ones who could. They would at least have a definitive answer.

I wouldn't waste the time of the moderators with this question at all as there are no refunds.  The OP purchased this as a JUST IN CASE they needed it.  It is like purchasing a Jerry can of gas for a trip just in case you need it.  You can't take that back for a refund.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@computergeek541 wrote:

Why weren't you able to use the Public Mobile sim card?  You'te only likely to get a refund if there was a problem with the service.  The official policy is no refunds, but at the same time, Public Mobile has to provide the service.

@computergeek541, it sounds like the OP chose to not use the sim as they would rather just use the data off of their Australian sim.

@Carol1, PM is a fully prepaid service for the duration of whatever term you choice.  Unfortunately there are no returns.  It isn't something you can buy "in case you need it" and if you don't use it get a refund for it.

ETA @Alex888, not sure what the mods will be able to do anything with this

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

You will need to send a private message to a moderator to work it out.

Why weren't you able to use the Public Mobile sim card?  You'te only likely to get a refund if there was a problem with the service.  The official policy is no refunds, but at the same time, Public Mobile has to provide the service.

Need Help? Let's chat.