cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Free Sim with instore activation at London Drugs

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Yes this awesome especially with the new deal expiring today. I just convinced four people to switch. I bought my SIM on August 8th one day before London drugs offered it for free. I'm going to ask for a credit. Has anyone else been in this situation?

19 REPLIES 19

Yes between the receipt time stamp, the welcome text, go mobile repairs on going free SIM card in store activation on their website....and the assistant manager phoning in sick at London drugs. The manager happily refunded the original SIM and I purchased another to take advantage of the BBC promo. Mark this as solved. Thank you community

Oh and the London drugs saga continues...went in today with my room mate after a lot of cajoling he agreed. Like many people he doesn't like change after 20 years with fido. But now I told him all that change will be in your pocket....75% more change. Anyhow after paying off his bill he asked for his phone to be unlocked. They didn't like that and asked to put him back on the phone to offer him a deal. I told them he's going to shop around and call back to see if they can match it. Ha he'll be calling back on pm's network!  So after all this and getting ld to price match "go mobile repair's" website's standard practice.(they weren't open today unfortunately) we went thru the in store activation only to reach the last 3 questions and old's computer from the early '90s froze. So now we are going to attempt our first online activation. I will probably have questions.....hopefully the computer has unfrozen because our first attempt immediately failed because we were stuck in the middle of the process on old's computer.

P.S. The manager at ld is working with pm to get me a refund on my SIM card. I'll know in a couple of days.

Thank you. Technology is generally not my friend. You may want to check out my post about "go mobile repair". (Free sim card with in store activation/ small retailer)

@darlicious I've went ahead and merged these threads.

Ok now that I've thought about everyone's suggestions you have come the closest to the solution. My welcome activation message is dated at 8:40 pm the credit card/store receipt is dated 2 minutes later. It would be impossible for me to have not activated in store before the SIM card was purchased. Thank you

@darliciousYou don't have to activate an online account if you do it in store. It is optional, and I think is for people who are not comfortable going online. I would expect the moderator could give you the when and where your particular SIM card had been activated.

Along with everyone's great suggestions of none except for contacting a moderator will prove or could prove in store activation. However it's occurred to me that in order to activate your SIM card do you not have to create an account with public mobile? Would that also include your profile? While London drugs activated the SIM card I did not create or access my account/profile til a week later. 

I'm still working on the whole issue. The London drugs asst manager said that while they want to honour there own price matching policy she would only look into whether I had activated in store by talking to the employee from the Squamish location. She suggested I bring the issue to them personally which is not very convenient as I live in Vancouver. However I was there briefly this weekend and lucked out as the employee was working. After a little prodding he did remember activating my account. (Had I been given the paperwork this would not have been an issue.) When asked he said that store does not print this information for the customer as it's only to ensure the personal details are correct. It seems some cross location training is necessary so London drugs is consistent in the electronics department. Fingers crossed this matter will be settled tomorrow. Please note I addressed the issue within the 15 day software  return policy at London drugs. 

Dylan3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You should be asking london drugs about this as they would have a answer for you about why they didnt give it to you the first time

Ifora
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got my SIM at a LD back on Aug 18 and got a the usual POS receipt ($0 for free SIM) as well as a 1 letter size page receipt. The clerk told me the 1 page was in case there was an issue with the activation or the plan that I was charged for so that I'd have a record to report the issue if I couldn't make my self serve account. 

@darlicious wrote:

I am still working on getting London drugs to price match it's pm free SIM card with activation on my original activation...3 hours before they advertised it. The manager agreed that it is Id policy to refund difference in sale amount it's going to take some investigation to confirm that I did activate in store. Is there something in my online account that can prove This?

I would say that there's nothing really much for the manager to investigate if you have a store receipt.  Even if the sales receipt mention nothing of in-store activation, I would think that would be enough so that they wouldn't wish to spend addition time on it.

There's no indication that of I know of accessible to the customer that shows where/how you activated. Public Mobile would have access to this information for commission payout purposes.

Yes, @GinYVR, and if the OP provided both and they happened the same day, it would nearly clarify the situation. @darlicious 

@darlicious unfortunately the Transaction History section only show the day when you prepaid your 30 days plan, it doesn't show the time. Maybe that is enough?

Other than that I would say the receipt you get from buying your plan's voucher /SIM card? If you activate with credit card then check with your credit card company for the charge.. should be very easy to get online.

Also don't forget the date and time stamp of the welcome SMS you get from Public Mobile.

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 2.41.10 AM.png

I don't think too many of us are up this early, but I do not know if there is anything client side. Check payment, transaction history.

Someone else may have more info for you later, but I would:

Contact @Moderator_Team
It can take up to 48 hours for the team to respond to your concerns.

About @Moderator_Team

Perhaps there is something server side that can prove your activation.

Does your store receipt not say activation? I guess there's no cost to it so likely not.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I am still working on getting London drugs to price match it's pm free SIM card with activation on my original activation...3 hours before they advertised it. The manager agreed that it is Id policy to refund difference in sale amount it's going to take some investigation to confirm that I did activate in store. Is there something in my online account that can prove This?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious  - There seems to be quite a bit of people having 'issues' with sign ups at London Drugs.

That said, there is no real paperwork that you need to have.  As long as you can log into your self serve portal & everything is set up correctly, you should be fine.

@darlicious I guess that would be a question for london drugs Smiley Happy

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

15 days ago I bought the SIM card at London drugs and the clerk activated my account and gave me a till receipt. Yesterday at a different location I got a free SIM card when I activated a second account. This time I got 4 page printed package of the account and terms of service. Why did I not receive this the first time?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Hmmm that was my understanding...that the SIM card was free with in store activation at London drugs like Wal-Mart's offer. I asked if they had that promotion or any upcoming ones and the service guy who activated the SIM card said no. Low and behold 2 1/2 hours later they advertise it as free with in store activation. Going in today to switch my boyfriend's phone so I'm going to demand a price match...aka...$10 refund. Tell you how it goes....

Need Help? Let's chat.