Question

Walker87
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am  Unless I got the wrong impression I thought the OP was looking for public mobile stores/kiosks specifically not just a retailer that can activate or sell Sims.

I saw that.  I interpreted that as a figure of speech as in "is there a store that carries this particular product" rather than an actual store owned and operated under that brand.  Public Mobile tried setting up their own brand of stores and the experiment received a quiet death.  

Oh I hadn't heard that. Are those little "bicycle" charging station kiosks gone?

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am  Unless I got the wrong impression I thought the OP was looking for public mobile stores/kiosks specifically not just a retailer that can activate or sell Sims.

I saw that.  I interpreted that as a figure of speech as in "is there a store that carries this particular product" rather than an actual store owned and operated under that brand.  Public Mobile tried setting up their own brand of stores and the experiment received a quiet death.  

@darlicious wrote:

@Walker87  Its always a little more reassuring to activate an account from a retail location with the company's name on it even if it's just a kiosk. If you are considering switching the free second month promo for plans $25+ ends in less than 16 hours.

Having been in the community forum for some time, I can say that based on feedback from community members that stores offer a sense of potentially false security.  Just the other day a customer asked about what to do because the wrong line was ported when activating at a store.  It's it because this product was originally designed to be totally self serve and so stores have much less experience with the product?  Personally, I would use the product in a manner in which it was originally intended to be used.  Just saying.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Walker87  Its always a little more reassuring to activate an account from a retail location with the company's name on it even if it's just a kiosk. If you are considering switching the free second month promo for plans $25+ ends in less than 16 hours.

roodeberg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Walmart is where you go to do a provider transfer. Just need to purchase a SIM card from them for $10 and they will do the transfer. You also keep your existing #

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Walker87 

Curious why you need a public mobile store, as I understand they are only there for activations, which you can do yourself online with a sim card that is available for purchase at many other locations and in no way can help you with any issues, that is strictly done through this community / contacting moderators online.

If you search here https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator you can find other stores that may sell sim cards and complete activations for you.

But to answers your question, yes there is a public mobile store in Montreal. Promenade Cathedral Eaton Centre, 25 Saint-Catherine St W, Montreal, Quebec H3B 1B7

Also in Saint-Laurent 3131 Boulevard Cote-Vertu Ouest, Saint-Laurent, Quebec H4R 1Y0

Also in Lasalle 5430 7077 BOUL NEWMAN LASALLE, QC H8N 1X1

Need Help? Let's chat.