cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Purchasing SIM's at Walmart

That's actually the same plan I have, although mine is "90 days for 90 dollars", a long-discontinued old promo, now grandfathered.  Maybe it's still on the books because there's still customers (like me) using it?

Interesting that PM appears to offer "unavailable" and unadvertised plan (or plans) through retail channels, especially if they come with vendor-provided customer service!  Though I can't see any way to change your plan online to one not offered online.

Oracle

At first i thought that the plan seems to be a mystery. But i tried to activate a new sim and the Retail offer is there.  So this is not Walmart Exclusive, it is available to every new customer. cc @Mary_M @Shazia_K

Capture.JPG

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

This promo is right at the top of the promo page, lol!

A recent addition?  I don't recall seeing it about a week ago.  (Then again, I tend to pay little attention to the promos and head right for "build your own plan".)

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Korthwrote:

A recent addition?  I don't recall seeing it about a week ago.  (Then again, I tend to pay little attention to the promos and head right for "build your own plan".)

???   That link shows 500 MB of data, not the 1GB that the plan being discussed offers...

Mayor / Maire

@CalgaryBenwrote:

@Korthwrote:

???   That link shows 500 MB of data, not the 1GB that the plan being discussed offers...

Same with the grandfathered 90/90 plan that @Korth referred to above - unless I'm totally mistaken that one is also for 1.5GB/90days and not 1GB/30days.

Oracle

@Korthwrote:

That is the wrong plan. 

@wetcoaster @CalgaryBen The 1GB/$30 plan is only available on the activation portal. It is not available or advertised anywhere else. This is a good sign. PM now has the ability to launch a promo to only new or existing customers only.

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

image.png

Above is proof I am on the plan.

I am a new customer.  I went into Walmart last week looking for a cheap plan.  Almost signed up with Lucky Mobile for the $25 Walmart gift card but decided it wasnt the right plan.  Came back to Walmart a two days ago and saw a new promo sign for Public Mobile.  The guy said it was new and for a limited time with no end date.  Didnt want to take risk of the promo ending so I signed up.  Walmart guy did all the work for me.

To be honest, I had better selection of numbers signing up in store than on the Public Mobile website doing it myself.

I think its for new activations.  I guess you could buy the SIM card and come home and sign up.  The guy told me he doesnt make much money on new activations.  I dont know why so many of you are complaining about the Walmart wireless reps.  In BC they dont push you on anything.  Went to three Walmart's and they were all nice asking me what I needed rather than pushing things on me.  All these guys are in college just working to help people out.

@wetcoasterwrote:

@CalgaryBenwrote:

@Korthwrote:

Same with the grandfathered 90/90 plan that @Korth referred to above - unless I'm totally mistaken that one is also for 1.5GB/90days and not 1GB/30days.

Just to be clear the grandfathered plan was $90/90days/1gb on LTE and Canada wide texting, currently there is $90/90days/1.5gb on 3g and international txt, both province wide calling.

I used to be on the grandfathered plan but recently switched to the $105/90days/3g plan as it made more sense to me. However, this "retail special" plan beats other offerings at the moment... What's going on PM?? Robot Frustrated

If they didnt offer this plan I wouldnt be a customer on this forum right now. 

They need to build a larger customer base and to do so they need to offer promos just like all the other companies.