cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Purchasing SIM's at Walmart

@Moderator_Team are you able to shed some light on this secret retail plan?

@CalgaryBenwrote:

Upon activating online (on March 4), I was pleasantly surprised to see the $30 "Retail" plan during activation, which I was unaware of before (not listed under any of the public-facing Plan pages).  In retrospect I should've taken a screen capture.  Exact same features as the $35/30 days plan, but $5 cheaper (accounting for $2 auto-pay reward).  Meets my needs perfectly, and at a price I'm very happy with.  I'm not sure if this is a "secret" plan or one that was supposed to only be available through retail channels, but I think this is the one @Double_J was referencing...

Retraité / Retired

Hey @mimmo,

we don't have any "secret" plans - @CalgaryBen are you referring to our ready-made plans? They can be found here Smiley Happy

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This 1GB plan for $30 is only available at Walmart.  Just go down to your local Walmart store and you will see a promotion sign in the wireless section.  Its the same plan for $35 on the website.  

I believe this is only for new activations.  If you change your plan I dont think you will be able to get it back again.  The guy warned me about that, so he said best to stay on it unless you really need to change.

Its not a secret plan just a retail promotion at Walmart for a limited time.

I was surprised about Walmart.  They also had promos with other carriers which were not listed on their official websites.  For example, if you sign up with Lucky Mobile you get a $25 Walmart gift card.  Dont forget Walmart gets kickbacks for activiations so they have incentive to give out a discount for signing up with them.

Before activating any plan always shop around and doesnt hurt to check Walmart when you are grocery shopping to see what new offers they have.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@stonechucker It is a special promo plan.  Dont be fooled that only what you see on the internet website is all what they have.  Take the time to shop around and you will be surprised whats available. All carriers also have corporate plans that are not advertised online.  Sitting on the computer at home will not help you out.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mary_Mwrote:

we don't have any "secret" plans - @CalgaryBen are you referring to our ready-made plans? They can be found here Smiley Happy 

No... the plan I have is $30/30 days, including 1 GB data (not just the 500 MB in the ready-made plan) and province-wide talk and unlimited text.

As @Double_J aluded to, it may very well be for new sign-ups only?

As previously mentioned, I bought my SIM card from WoW, went home, and was ready to sign up at https://activate.publicmobile.ca/, fully prepared to go onto the ready-made $35/30 days plan, or else build the 90-day version of this plan for $105 minus $6 for auto-pay, effectively making it $33/30-day.  I was surprised to see something along the lines of "Retail $30/30 day" in the options on Step 3 of the sign-up process, so that's the one I snagged!  Definitely didn't need to activate at a store -- heck, the rep at the Walmart I was at didn't even acknowledge that Walmart carries PM SIMs, and was pushing me to go with a $45 Koodo plan...

Oracle

@CalgaryBen   wow nice deal,  just to confirm

the plan maker shows: provincial calling, international sms and 1 gb @3gdata / 30 days for $37 ($35 if you take into account autopay)  and you said you got the same plan for $32 ($30 if autopay enabled)? 

Oracle

@mimmowrote:

@CalgaryBen   wow nice deal,  just to confirm

@the plan maker shows: provincial calling, international sms and 1 gb @3gdata / 30 days for $37 ($35 if you take into account autopay)  and you said you got the same plan for $32 ($30 if autopay enabled)? 

Two customers have now reported this "special". Very sad development! Robot Sad @Mary_M @Brooke_C

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.

@mimmowrote:

wow nice deal,  just to confirm

@the plan maker shows: provincial calling, international sms and 1 gb @3gdata / 30 days for $37 ($35 if you take into account autopay)  and you said you got the same plan for $32 ($30 if autopay enabled)? 

Yes, exactly.  Here's what I see when I log into my account now:

MyPlan.gif

I was more than happy/willing to go on the $35/30, so the additional $5 off was a welcomed surprise/bonus.  Back when I foolishly left PM to try Freedom, I was only about a month into a 90-day cycle, so this will quickly make up for that mistake.

@Ludditewrote:
Two customers have now reported this "special". Very sad development! Robot Sad

Certainly didn't mean to stir up or fuel any disappointment for anyone!  Almost felt like grabbing the deal and keeping hush-hush, but in the spirit of a community, figured this would attract others in a similar position, especially if they're on the fence about jumping over to PM.  If I had known about this earlier (granted, who knows when it started?), I would've made the move back to PM sooner!

Oracle

@CalgaryBen nothing to be sorry about, and it's not really a secret. Its good to know and hopefully in the spirit of transparency we will find out more information.  We were "brought up" to believe that things at PM were different ie no loyalty deals, what you saw in the planner was for everyone.  

what is funny is that the online retailer is moving to B&M and the other providers seem to push online retailing.

@CalgaryBenwrote:
@Ludditewrote:
Two customers have now reported this "special". Very sad development! Robot Sad

Certainly didn't mean to stir up or fuel any disappointment for anyone!  Almost felt like grabbing the deal and keeping hush-hush, but in the spirit of a community, figured this would attract others in a similar position, especially if they're on the fence about jumping over to PM.  If I had known about this earlier (granted, who knows when it started?), I would've made the move back to PM sooner!