cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Purchasing SIM's at Walmart

i just purchased a sim card at Walmart in St-jerome and i got home to start activation, i did everything that was asked and i got the telephone number that was generated by the system and all but as soon as i put the sim card in the Iphone it tells me that the sim card is not taken in charge or iphone blocked ask your operator to unblocked your iphone.

i was using this phone 1 week ago with bell mobility why cant i just put a sim card in and use it

Oracle

We obviously need clarification as to many different user experiences going on!!  When I bought my SIM there they made it very clear they were in no way supporting it or activating it

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Oracle

@ShawnC13 the Walmart guy at uptown(they are their own company) said it started about 2 weeks ago.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That doesn't make sense even from Walmart point of view. 

Why would they want to put an effort in setting up someone's account if there's nothing in it for them?

Maybe the Walmart employee was trying to pull a fast one on you to collect all the referrals under their name. 

Oracle

@Mana we are now discussing 2 different stores one in Victoria and one where the op is. Both with the same story.  

Why activating? Who knows pm might give them a commission for activating. Wow mobile was activating for free swell.

@mimmo yes that's what I was thinking either PM is giving them some incentive or it could be the employees who maybe targeting those who don't know about the referral reward. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do you think a Moderator will actually read this post?

I don't like wasting time or gas - and did both today because of this new unadvertised misrepresented Public Mobile advert...

Oracle

I think it's the first as they can call and get assistance or have access to back end.  In case of activation issues.

You could always try calling your local walmarts and report back.

Oracle

@frankdug I think you have a totally different issue. If your phone was purchased at Bell it is locked to that network and will not work on Public Mobile until it is unlocked.

If you are sure that the phone is unlocked, click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. Moderator hours are: Monday - Friday 9AM (ET) - 9PM (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9AM (ET) - 7:00PM (ET).

If you still need more help please start your own topic here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/getting_started

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.

@frankdug You should call bell and get your phone unlocked for free (if it's not unlocked already). 

Once you are sure that it is unlocked then please try the PM sim.