cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Purchasing SIM's at Walmart

i agree, i had a good experience at walmart as well. the clerk was very friendly and helped set everything up, except i did not know or get informed that it was all based online with no help-line or in-person support Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Chandell25   I'm happy to hear that they are recommending public mobile but still a little misinformed. A little intimidating the online only support at first but you'll soon get the hang of it. If I can figure it out just about anyone can. My brain may not be able to grasp the computer skills all that well but the community is very helpful and understanding. Many here will take you under their wing and guide you thru the process. It's the sense of community that can really draw you in and 99.99% of the time it's a positive experience. Welcome to public mobile.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@sweden06 wrote:

I pruchased my sim card at a Walmart in Quebec City. I had to specifically ask for it and they wanted to push the Lucky Mobile Sim Card (I used to be with Lucky). After a long back and forth (and four people in the discussion because only one spoke a bit of English :D) I could eventually purchase it without activation. 

I also had Lucky Mobile pushed as well. They guy was saying the only difference was the sim card was free with Lucky. I dont know where he got that idea - there was no promo and they cost $10.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ashleyskye wrote:

@sweden06 wrote:

I pruchased my sim card at a Walmart in Quebec City. I had to specifically ask for it and they wanted to push the Lucky Mobile Sim Card (I used to be with Lucky). After a long back and forth (and four people in the discussion because only one spoke a bit of English :D) I could eventually purchase it without activation. 

I also had Lucky Mobile pushed as well. They guy was saying the only difference was the sim card was free with Lucky. I dont know where he got that idea - there was no promo and they cost $10.

Mainly cause they don’t stand to make as much pushing public mobile, also it’s kind of the trend to complain about service here, so they only continue that trend smearing the service at point of sale.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ashleyskye wrote:

While the regular price is $10 for both Lucky and Public, the salesperson was offering you the Lucky Mobile sim free if you activated.