cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing SIM's at Walmart

BlackSky
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am a new customer of Public Mobile (only 2 weeks)... So I thought I would get a friend to switch over - Went to Walmart to purchase a SIM card and was told they can't sell them anymore without activation? I don't want a Walmart employee to create a profile for me - to ask me my address - to ask me my phone number - to ask me my email address. I don't want to stand there at the Walmart computer and scroll through a large list of phone numbers to find one I like. Why the new policy and a third party relaying my personal information?? The other 2 places that your SIMs are available would be at least a 90 minute drive (one way) for me. I changed to Public Mobile - Don't start disappointing me!

124 REPLIES 124

BlackSky

When I got my phone - I went to the first Walmart - and was told that...   Then I went to a second Walmart and apparently someone had not gotten the same memo and they sold it to me without activation...    Since then they have read the memo...   They would not do it.   The same guy that sold me the SIM 2 weeks ago said things have changed and they can't.  (even though he remembered me - no go)!!    Public Mobile needs to communicate this with the public...    I went to Walmart for that purpose and it was a wasted trip (20 minutes each way).

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BlackSky unless things have changed pm is self serve.  No activations nessisity.

Also you could order a s online ne and have it delivered in 2-4 days typically

BlackSky

I also think you MUST change all of your marketing that says "Get a SIM at Walmart"...   with a disclaimer that says Activation Necessary!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

That seems very strange. 

I would ask to talk to a manager or simply say it's a replacement sim for phone and you just need the card as you already have an account.

I would also private message the mods with all the stores info.

see post below

Need Help? Let's chat.