cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Purchasing SIM's at Walmart

I also experienced the same thing.

I will never deal with Walmart for anything mobile phone related other than buying a SIM card, assuming they would sell me one.

Highlighted

Walmart Markville Mall in Markham didn't let me buy a SIM without an activation either.

If the mobile kiosk people are just third-party sales contractors it doesn't really surprise me that this is such a widespread problem.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BlackSky wrote:

I am a new customer of Public Mobile (only 2 weeks)... So I thought I would get a friend to switch over - Went to Walmart to purchase a SIM card and was told they can't sell them anymore without activation? I don't want a Walmart employee to create a profile for me - to ask me my address - to ask me my phone number - to ask me my email address. I don't want to stand there at the Walmart computer and scroll through a large list of phone numbers to find one I like. Why the new policy and a third party relaying my personal information?? The other 2 places that your SIMs are available would be at least a 90 minute drive (one way) for me. I changed to Public Mobile - Don't start disappointing me!

The guy at the Walmart I went to let me use the computer all on my own, not sure if it was because he was busy with another customer, but I liked the fact that I got to enter all my data without his help, give a referral, enter my cc number, etc... 

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My Walmart guy /asked/ me do the typing too. It's just easier & quicker.

/S

Highlighted

Im trying to purchase a sim at walmart north bay and they refused to sell me a sim unless I signed up with them and gave my personal information to a stranger.

Odd because I had no proublem in the past buying two accounts for relatives.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

You could leave a review.  There is also a Wow mobile.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Walmart still has the Sell on Activation Policy Only - at some locations. Myself I had no issues with the Walmart in Fort Sask, AB. Sold me the card, went home and activated in less time than it took to get the card. Walmart only has one person working and there is always a line up.

Convinced my brother to make the switch. He has 4 phones in the family. First Walmart he went to in Edmonton wouldn't sell the card citing something about a promotion and they had to do it. I call BS. Second Walmart he went to had no problem selling him the 4 cards but first tried to sell him on Freedom Mobile.

Personally I hate Walmart and try to stay out of there unless I really need to go to the bathroom.

Highlighted

PC mobile will help you thru and they also have a help line number o my they can access if you don't feel you can do it alone

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Opened my first PM account at Walmart 6 months ago. All went well, and SIM was free.

As there is new referral bonus deal, I went to the same Walmart last 

Friday to open the second PM account. It was the same sales associate, and he said that the SIM is still free if activate in store (by him). All went well.

Two days later, the first PM account got the $20 referral bonus, and this new account got $10. Also the 1G bonus and 400 min LD added.

Highlighted
baz

Hi there,

I am a new PM subscriber and so far very happy to be part of the team. I have seen some negative comments re purchase of SIM cards in the Brampton area, so I wanted to give a positive one. I went to Wal-mart at Mayfield and Bramalea in Brampton fearing the worst, but it turned out to be a wonderful experience for my wife and I. I wanted to only buy the SIM and then activate them at home myself, but the attendant/ manager would not sell, stating they will only sell if activated on site...I am really glad we went through that route. The attendant gave us the SIMs for free, activated both of them and made sure I kknew how to get the free data plan and international minutes (which I now have). I am glad that he activated it because the PM web site was a little buggy and he made sure after several attempts that evrything went smoothly for my wife and I. We have subscriped to $25 plan with credit card so we have already received our $2 credit plus the next month free ( we activated before Dec 16th so getting another $25 credit each). The attendant was patient and very knowledagable....he spent almost 25-30 mins with us whilst also attending other customers. Overall, very happy and satisfactory experience.