cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile in Vancouver

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I was curious today after reading a post about calling public mobile so I decided to Google public mobile to see what came up. I was surprised by what came up. I also checked the pm store locator to see that the address matched a retail location listed. Interesting....comments?Screenshot_20191231-014518_Google.jpgScreenshot_20191231-014534_Google.jpgScreenshot_20191231-014705_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191231-014720_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191231-014728_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191231-014740_Chrome.jpg

70 REPLIES 70

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541  You are barking up the right tree. @pmmobile  has a sniff but can't quite find the scent trail. @Anonymous  has the Mac out, cap on and pipe topped up just needs to use his magnifying glass if he is so inclined @kselmak is curious but is really just helping @cavemantoronto  prove my point.

@darlicious  Are you suggesting PM may be looking to attract potential customers with retail locations (Telus, Wireless Wave) that offer cell phones, accessories, and service for sale?

I have seen the Public Mobile bus stop advertisements here and there around a Greater Vancouver. Saw a couple in Coquitlam and one is Tsawwassen awhile ago.

AE_Collector

@computergeek541  You are barking up the right tree. @pmmobile  has a sniff but can't quite find the scent trail. @Anonymous  has the Mac out, cap on and pipe topped up just needs to use his magnifying glass if he is so inclined @kselmak is curious but is really just helping @cavemantoronto  prove my point.

@pmmobile wrote:

@darlicious  I believe those stores are in addition to the LDs, Walmarts, and Wow mobile stores? Does anyone know if the kiosks/stores actually provide us with in-person service, or  they simply help us by making online inquiries to moderators?

Public Mobile does not provide in-store customer support. While Public Mobile kiosks are corporately owned, Public Mobile has stated that even these are not there for support issues. These places provide sales and activation services.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious  I believe those stores are in addition to the LDs, Walmarts, and Wow mobile stores? Does anyone know if the kiosks/stores actually provide us with in-person service, or  they simply help us by making online inquiries to moderators?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@kselmak  It is interesting isn't it? What could possibly be up?

Do a whois on the domain name and see who owns those urls.

@kselmak  It is interesting isn't it? What could possibly be up?

????

Interesting!!!!?

Are they gonna sell equipment now????

I don't think there is a need for a store just for sim cards.

@cavemantorontoYou didn't get my point....but you are proving my point.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious Vancouver is a big city. Can't be that few stores. Those could be only kiosks.

Need Help? Let's chat.