cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile at the Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (YUL)

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Please see the post below

I tryed to post this a few times and it keep dissapering so I had to use this workaroud.

Thank you @dabr @Luddite @kselmak @ShawnC13 @Triguy for your help on this topic

8 REPLIES 8

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Poogzley wrote:

Also just a thought @Alan_K why not have the booth in the baggage claim and have people register while you are waiting for your bags or just have a vending machine style system that would sell you a SIM and walk you through the activation process.

I love Public Mobile but feel like this was a poorly planned campaign...

Thanks for noticing us @Poogzley Smiley Happy We really like your suggestion!

We are constantly evaluating new opportunities and looking to put our ads/the brand in the best places possible that make sense for us. Sometimes, as @GinYVR suggested, the best places can be hard to get!

@PoogzleyThe problem with retail locations at public places is often difficult because there is likely a cap on how many telecom providers can be at a location.. most carriers don't like to give up space, hence giving others a competitive advantage.

Poogzley

@Luddite wrote:

Hopefully it will survive! Robot LOL

I was just about to suggest you try this approach as I was wondering if it's the Lucky image that is a trademark infringemenmt issue.

Great post. Thanks.

@Luddite wouldn't they just remove that photo if it was the case not the entire post?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Poogzley wrote:

Please see the post below

I tryed to post this a few times and it keep dissapering so I had to use this workaroud

Hopefully it will survive! Robot LOL

I was just about to suggest you try this approach as I was wondering if it's the Lucky image that is a trademark infringemenmt issue.

Great post. Thanks.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Poogzley

Also just a thought @Alan_K why not have the booth in the baggage claim and have people register while you are waiting for your bags or just have a vending machine style system that would sell you a SIM and walk you through the activation process.

I love Public Mobile but feel like this was a poorly planned campaign...

Poogzley

I wanted to take a look at the kisok as I had not seen one before (even if it was not open at 3:00 AM). As I exited the second check point I saw this:IMG_1838.JPG

A Lucky Mobile booth Smiley Frustrated, I find this is a huge missed opportunity as this would be the best place for Public Mobile as this is where everyone is forced to walk by to exit. I ended up not seeing the Public Mobile booth as I did not have the patience to look for it as it was not obvious where it was located and I was not about to start looking. It seems like a poor marketing choice to spend so much on all this advertising just to be hidden away somewhere and let your competitor take all the clients and profit. I know that for most people who would see this advertisement would probably not go out of there way either and would probably just go to and signup with Lucky out of simplicity and convenience.

Poogzley

They also had quite a few signs at the baggage claim carousels

IMG_1834.jpegIMG_1835.jpeg

I was really impressed and excited to see Public Mobile out in the wild as lets face it is one of the lesser known carriers in Canada and I have rarely seen them advertise

Poogzley

A few weeks ago I made this post: Airport Special Offer - Montreal Trudeau Airport (YUL) about the new kiosk at the Montreal Airport arrival gate.

Last night I was pleasantly surprised to see this huge banner (with the new PM look) greeting me once I passed the first Customs/Immigration check pointPublic Mobile "Welcome to Canada" Banner at the Montreal AirportPublic Mobile "Welcome to Canada" Banner at the Montreal Airport

Need Help? Let's chat.