cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-owned IPhone issue. Who to contact for warranty?

Jkilburn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I purchased a certified pre-owned iPhone 8 through Public Mobile and it’s not functioning properly. Who do I contact about this one year warranty that it comes with? 

13 REPLIES 13

@Jkilburn 

https://www.fireebok.com/resource/how-to-fix-the-issue-with-microphone-on-iphone-8-during-call.html

https://www.ikream.com/iphone-8-microphone-not-working-phone-calls-27658

These are the first things the warranty/tech support people will ask you to check anyhow. Soft fixes for software issues.

The Public Mobile warranty should cover this - but sending your phone back will be an inconvenience, frustration, delay - plus, for all you know, they might swap it for a different unit (without your data, possibly with some different bunch of issues, lol) - so it's probably better to fix any software issues yourself (if you can) before just shipping it off. Warranty will fix hardware issues.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Jkilburn wrote:

Hello, I purchased a certified pre-owned iPhone 8 through Public Mobile and it’s not functioning properly. Who do I contact about this one year warranty that it comes with? 

Put your serial number in here. It does not say Canada but give it a try.  

Apple might give a better resolution. 

https://support.apple.com/iphone-8-logic-board-replacement-program

Jkilburn

Thank you! I’m within the 30 days and I’ve contacted via email 🙂

Jkilburn

Thank you so much for your help! I’ve just emailed them 🙂 

Hi @Jkilburn if you bought this phone within 30 days, you may return or exchange the phone.

Online purchases must be returned or exchanged via mail and can be initiated by sending us an email at device.return@publicmobile.ca.

After 30 days, 

The Certified Pre-Owned warranty covers any hardware malfunction caused by a defective part or workmanship. This includes imperfections, such as up to 3 dead pixels and minor scuffs on the body. Use our online store locator at www.telus.com/checkwarranty to find a location near you.

Please keep us updated.  Thanks in advance

RosieR

Follow the warranty info on my earlier post, @Jkilburn 

You shouldn't have to deal with this problem with a "refurbished" phone from Public Mobile.

The details of them set a pretty high bar, Certified Pre-owned Phones (publicmobile.ca)

The device should be shipped to you fully functional  - I'd be requesting service or replacement.

@Jkilburn wrote:

The issue is that people cannot hear me. They can only hear me when the call is on speaker, not when the phone is up to my ear. Also, my service cuts out 50% of the time when at home or driving around my home town and I had no issues with my iPhone 7 at all for signal. 

Gotcha...yea, the microphone could be gunny-bagged, alright.

I'm sure you can return it as long as you meet the return criteria.

Good luck.

Jkilburn

The new phone that I purchased was an iPhone 8

Jkilburn

The issue is that people cannot hear me. They can only hear me when the call is on speaker, not when the phone is up to my ear. Also, my service cuts out 50% of the time when at home or driving around my home town and I had no issues with my iPhone 7 at all for signal. 

@TheGx wrote:

@Jkilburn :Probably contact Moderator Team by clicking white bubble in bottom right or click envelope button top right.

Hi @TheGx & @Jkilburn 

To find the Public Mobile phone's warranty terms and conditions, click Shop on top of page, scroll down to Phones, then scroll to very bottom to Terms and Conditions for complete details.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Jkilburn...

while you get the warranty info...let us know what the problem is with your phone. Could it be an issue that an iPhone SME in the Community, can help you with ?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Here's the complete warranty details, @Jkilburn,  including what to do and how to get service and what's included and what's not: 

CPO Warranty, Returns & Repair (publicmobile.ca)

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jkilburn :Probably contact Moderator Team by clicking white bubble in bottom right or click envelope button top right.

Need Help? Let's chat.