cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service at WOW Boutique but redeemed by London Drugs

SVN
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The WOW Boutique in South Centre Mall Calgary tried to tell me that Public Mobile would only have reliable service in Calgary and a few other large Canadian cities. When I confirmed that PM is on the Telus network, so wouldn't it work pretty well all across the country, the employee tried to sell me on any plan other than PM. I suspect his commission is larger from the other carriers - not cool as WOW bills themselves as a neutral source for cell phone plans.

London Drugs at Heritage and Macleod Trail redeemed my faith as they confirmed that yes indeed PM is on the Telus network so will work as well as any more expensive Telus plan.

6 REPLIES 6

You can leave feedback under the store locator.  You need to search for the retail store.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator

I tried to buy a device outright from WOW last year in Brantford, ON.  They said they could only sell me a phone on a 2-year contract, and only for one of the carriers who offered a device subsidy.  Out Right Purchase requires NO CONTRACT and no plan activation.

Grrrr

Wazzer

I have had great service at the WOW boutique in the Kelowna Orchard Park mall. Very informative and helpful staff.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SVN wrote:

Don't really know what 5 extra GIGs even means, but why not take advantage of an offer to start out? 

The extra 5 gigs promotion is a bonus data add-on for your account. You use data when connecting to the internet through the mobile network. Depending on your plan, you likely have a set amount of data available to you per month. Having a 5 gig bonus means if your monthly data runs out before the month is over, you can continue to use your bonus data to stay connected to the internet. (Just FYI - watching videos and streaming music can use up your data very fast. Normal web browsing doesn't use that much data. Also, don't try a speed test on your cellphone, that will really eat up your data.)

With data add-ons, any leftover data is transferred to the following month until it's used up.

I'm probably explaining this really badly lol... I hope that made some sort of sense. 🙂

SVN

Thanks, I'm looking forward to receiving my SIM and getting started. Taking advantage of the 5 GIG add-on offer today only. My first smartphone experience. Don't really know what 5 extra GIGs even means, but why not take advantage of an offer to start out? 

I agree, I'm never going back to that WOW Boutique. London Drugs have always been helpful with tech stuff. I only went to WOW because they seemd to represent a number of carriers, whereas London Drugs only represents a few. Lesson learned!

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow, to me that seems like a way to make sure you never go back to them again, so they'll lose future commissions if you were to change providers sometime down the road. Doesn't seem like a very good business model, regardless of their reasons.

Anyway, welcome to the Public Mobile community. I'm fairly new myself, but have had nothing but good experiences so far. I hope the same for you!

Need Help? Let's chat.