cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor experience at London Drugs

cherlylc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, 

I am not sure where I should post this, but I wanted to share the experience that we had this past weekend. I am already a Public Mobile customer, and am really liking it. My husband wanted to change his plan over as well. We went to Tillicum London Drugs, and the first person we talked to seemed incredibly upset that we did not bring any of the current phone plan with us. He listed off several things that we 'should' have brought. I asked if this was new, b/c I did not need that when I joined PM. He hummed and hah'd and then said that it was so difficult to do and that it would be 72 hours for the phone number to switch over. We left. We went back several hours later, based on an 8 hour shift, knew that the clerk would no longer be working. We waited for over 10 minutes for a different sales clerk to notice us. We then had the opportunity to tell him we wanted to switch over to PM. He said 'oh, ya, they were down earlier today, so I don't think that we should even try it. I would come back another day and hopefully it will work'. In disbelief, that he wouldn't even try it, we left. 

We went to another location Quadra/Mackenzie, and Stefan, was super happy and enthusiastic to help us out. We had the phone changed over within minutes. He confirmed that we didn't need to bring any of the information that the first clerk told us we needed, b/c it was all on the phone. He was super friendly and put our minds at ease.

My reason of contact is,  if I wasn't already a customer, we would have walked away and not proceeded. I think that it's important that if they are representing a plan, that they need to fully support it. We would have had very little confidence and assurance that this new phone company would be suited for us. I wanted to pass this on b/c the first 2 attempts were extrremely dissappointing and unfortunately, Public Mobile, is being represetened by them. 

That being said, I signed up at Tillicum London Drugs with Justin, and he was AWESOME. 

7 REPLIES 7

cherlylc

Thanks! This is next on my to-do list. 

Pound
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for sharing. I always like guys named Stefan. 

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Your experience at the first store is highly unusual for London Drugs. They are, by any measure, a really good retailer with great service. Your second experience is more typical. I would raise the issue with the manager of the first store next time you're in because it is not the normal experience.

@cherlylc wrote:

Thank you! I will definitely do that. 

@cherlylc, I am also in Victoria and would recommend going to the Tillicum store and asking for a manager for the service you received.  Now I have never activated a SIM with London Drugs but I have gone in and asked questions about PM to "test" them and the salespeople I have dealt with were all great to deal with, but again there are those that a) don't have the training or b) just don't care.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

cherlylc

Thank you! I will definitely do that. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@cherlylc , it is great to provide feedback, good, bad or otherwise as it helps future customers.  It would be best if you could locate the store and submit the feedback for the store.  The information is better captured that way.  Thanks.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cherlylc wrote:

Hi there, 

I am not sure where I should post this, but I wanted to share the experience that we had this past weekend. I am already a Public Mobile customer, and am really liking it. My husband wanted to change his plan over as well. We went to Tillicum London Drugs, and the first person we talked to seemed incredibly upset that we did not bring any of the current phone plan with us. He listed off several things that we 'should' have brought. I asked if this was new, b/c I did not need that when I joined PM. He hummed and hah'd and then said that it was so difficult to do and that it would be 72 hours for the phone number to switch over. We left. We went back several hours later, based on an 8 hour shift, knew that the clerk would no longer be working. We waited for over 10 minutes for a different sales clerk to notice us. We then had the opportunity to tell him we wanted to switch over to PM. He said 'oh, ya, they were down earlier today, so I don't think that we should even try it. I would come back another day and hopefully it will work'. In disbelief, that he wouldn't even try it, we left. 

We went to another location Quadra/Mackenzie, and Stefan, was super happy and enthusiastic to help us out. We had the phone changed over within minutes. He confirmed that we didn't need to bring any of the information that the first clerk told us we needed, b/c it was all on the phone. He was super friendly and put our minds at ease.

My reason of contact is,  if I wasn't already a customer, we would have walked away and not proceeded. I think that it's important that if they are representing a plan, that they need to fully support it. We would have had very little confidence and assurance that this new phone company would be suited for us. I wanted to pass this on b/c the first 2 attempts were extrremely dissappointing and unfortunately, Public Mobile, is being represetened by them. 

That being said, I signed up at Tillicum London Drugs with Justin, and he was AWESOME. 

Thank you for sharing your experience at London drugs. I have posted on what I feel is poor training and education on pm, their plans, promotions and activation. This I feel is equally split between both companies. Pm  on not expecting or demanding more of their licensed retailer and London drugs for not training their employees in the electronics department well enough. Obviously this varies by location as a poor experience was eclipsed by a very positive one. Reaching out here is excellent to possibly getting pm management to be more proactive with retailers not making an appropriate effort to promote pm properly. When it comes to London drugs the customer service when demanded or when asking for them to live up to their service commitment has been positive. However they cannot improve or correct poor service without a demand for it or a complaint to address it. If you have the time to pass on a compliment to the manager about the employees who served you well at one location and a complaint to the location that didn't would go a long way in improving the next new customers experience.

Need Help? Let's chat.