cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan purchased is not what is on my phone

Cw111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

46 REPLIES 46

@Cw111  Did this start happening after your most recent renewal? Try these two troubleshooting techniques they might get rid of the annoying message.

1. Turn airplane mode on. Wait 5 min. Turn airplane mode off.
  2. Try a test call. If you still get that message try this technique.
  3. Log into your account. Report phone lost. Log out. Wait 5 min. Log in. Report found. Log out. Reboot phone. Try a test call.

Otherwise the moderators can fix this glitch that pops up occasionally. If your renewal is only a few days away you could wait til after your renewal. Chances are your renewal will reprovision your account and get rid of the message.

@Cw111 

Does it just say it bit the call goes through?

That means today you are no longer using 1 in front of the number, if you are annoyed by the message just put 1 in front of the number

Cw111

Thank you for all your help!

@Cw111 wrote:

I would to speak to a moderator. Do you have a phone#?

There is no phone number.

To receive assistance:

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Cw111

I would to speak to a moderator. Do you have a phone#?

Cw111

Thx but I am making the same calls as before but now it mentions every call is long distance.

@Cw111 have you spoken to a moderator yet? what does the plan say on the top side of the bill?

@Cw111 if you are on a unlimited provincial wide plan, and try to call someone outside of the province you would get that message. Adding the 500 minute Canada wide addon for $5 would allow you to do it. Never expires, stays on your plan until used up and also would only be used when calling long distance. 

Please check your number and redial it. Thanks.

Cw111

1587174706585-172731262.jpg

@Cw111 wrote:

Yes something is not right. I have not moved and it says "you do not have an active long distance plan" i purchased it at London Drugs.

@Cw111 yes when it say's that it usually means you are on the old 10 or 15 dollar plan and you have run out of minutes you really should speak to a moderator find out what is going on 

Cw111

15871743128871070795298.jpg

 purchased May 2019

The msg says " You do not have an active long distance add-on. This call is not covered by your plan" I have not moved to need long distance. Thx for your help.

Cw111

Cw111

Yes something is not right. I have not moved and it says "you do not have an active long distance plan" i purchased it at London Drugs.

20200417_204130.jpg

@Cw111 wrote:

Ok but using someone else’s phone and not home right now. My email jammed trying to use from my phone but if can try again today or tomorrow will take photo for you to post. Thx.

If you're plan is out of calling minutes and you need to call....consider getting the aforementioned 500 Canada wide calling add-on for $5. Any unused add-on minutes will roll over until you use them up...even if it takes several months or longer to do so.

@Cw111 wrote:

Thank you for all responses. I appreciate the feedback.

@Cw111 your welcome but like you say something is not right where did you get the plan?

Cw111

Ok but using someone else’s phone and not home right now. My email jammed trying to use from my phone but if can try again today or tomorrow will take photo for you to post. Thx.

Cw111

Thank you for all responses. I appreciate the feedback.

@Cw111 wrote:

I have the receipt and plan details at time of purchase

Could you please take a photo and post it here. We can surely give you guidance if there's a problem.

Cw111

I have the receipt and plan details at time of purchase

@Cw111 wrote:

They should inform people then that it is a limited promotion. And this is Telus.

Whatever plan you originally signed up for...you still have ...as long as you didn't change it yourself.

Cw111

Have the receipt.

Cw111

They should inform people then that it is a limited promotion. And this is Telus.

@Cw111 wrote:

thankyou. Plan purchased unlimited province wide $15 June 2019 not a promotion.

Log into My Account ...then look at Plan Details to see what plan you actually have currently.

@Cw111 wrote:

Whatever you see in the plan details tab is what you have now.  There is no going back.

Cw111

@Cw111 wrote:

Less than one year ago 

I don't believe there has been a plan that cheap with unlimited minutes last year.  The older $15 plan was not unlimited incoming minutes whereas the current one is.  

@Cw111 the $15 plan is unlimited incoming not outgoing, outgoing is 100 minutes. The $25 plan is unlimited outgoing. You can buy a 500 minute, $5 addon from within your self service account. It never expires and stays on your account until used up. Heres an article on buying add ons. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

To save more, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used

OR

You can change your plan. It's recommended that you cjange on the next renewal date. Heres an article on switching plans  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Use the screenshot below on where to do it.

20200416_143943.jpg

Stay safe 

That plan is no longer available. The current $15 plan is 100minutes of Canada wide calling.

Cw111

Less than one year ago 

Need Help? Let's chat.