cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan paided twice

Tony26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently bought a plan for 57.99 never used one data or phone call due to locked phone.. Bought new unlocked phone plan ran out.. Never used the plan or made phone call I had to buy new plan to get service restored . This is lame I was told the monerator would fix this nothinh n no help for anyone . Can someone one this site fix it or help me . 

8 REPLIES 8

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I unlocked two Xperia phones in the last two months: one from Bell Mobility and one from Freedom Mobile.  Both unlocks were done on their web sites without a need to talk to an agent. 

I also unlocked two other phones with Bell Mobility that were around 4-5 years old.  These two I had to call their general support line and the agent was very helpful and never gave me a hard time.

Basically, I think your situation is like ordering cable television but not having a television to use that service.  Once 30 days are over you will not be refunded whether you used the service or not.  If Public Mobile did decide to offer you something for that time I would say it was very, very generous of them.

I know this may not be of much help but I do hope you get things straightened out so that you can enjoy what I found to be a great service provider for cell phone usage and a great community of people in this forum.

Tony26

I did contact PM and talked to a Mod was told everything work.. Call Roger to get unlock code never worked.. So I got fed up n order a new telus phone   Put sim card in bam every thing works but I had to pay more money 

Tony26

No refund I talked to Mod numerous times. And seem like am getting anyways need help 

Tony26

No I order the sim paided for plan. .Was told to get unlock code.. Tryed for 30 days to unlock a experia phone can't be done . Went out n order a telus phone n came in bf I use what I ore paid for.. Now u get where I come from.. I never used a data or phone call or text .. Got took ing for n money wasted

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Tony26 wrote:

I recently bought a plan for 57.99 never used one data or phone call due to locked phone.. Bought new unlocked phone plan ran out.. Never used the plan or made phone call I had to buy new plan to get service restored . This is lame I was told the monerator would fix this nothinh n no help for anyone . Can someone one this site fix it or help me . 

Hi and welcome. As others mentioned the timeline seems a little odd. It appears that you waited a long time before doing anything...which makes the situation look suspicious. Also you bought a new phone because old one was locked which is also unusual because unless you stole the phone or bought it used and do not have the receipt than you could have gotten your old phone unlocked for free, if it was possible to do so.

With that being said I believe the confusion is with that PM plans are all prepaid. You pay before you use it and it is for a limited amount of time. Whether you use it or not there is no refunds given. 

From here we had to assume, that you went more than 30 days after first activating your PM sim card. Hence why you needed to pay the (Prepaid Plan) 30 day renewal cost to restore your service so from this you just paid the next 30 day cycle and you did not pay twice.

If you were told by a Moderator that this would be taken care of we suggest contacting that particular MOD with a reply. If someone on the Community  Forum told you the MODs would take care of this than that was not exactly right of them. They should have said that only MODs can take care of account issues rather than "they would take care of this".

I hope this clarifies things for you and if you would like our assistance, respectfully request it and we would be glad to help.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This complaint is totally without merit.  If the account was not working then that is a different story.  Since Public Mobile does not sell hardware, this responsibility is 100% on the customer. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Tony26 You prepaid for 30 days of service and you got that. Why would PM do something about it when you didn't have an unlocked phone to use it with. You should've contacted when you signed up. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

No one on the forum can help you with account issues.

But I don't understand the time line

Day 1 both plan but phone was locked you could not use it 

Day 31 plan expired

Day 32 bought new plan to use in new phone?

If that is the case not really sure why you would expect PM to refund you the first plan. 

A more details explanation .and possibly time line would help.

Did you get a new sim card did you add funds to the old plan etc...

Need Help? Let's chat.