cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sim card

Vimalkumar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi

I have bought two SIM card from Walmart store.the store person made my Sim card and bill photo copy before he gave me. Why they keeping Sim card xerXe copy for records?

Vimal

6 REPLIES 6

Vimalkumar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@stonechucker you right,but when we buy it online,i don't know they do.

Vimal

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Same scenario here...every sim purchase..they photo copy and staple a copy to something...never asked why tho....always pay cash...

There should be no reason to do this unless they do not print original copies for the store themselves.

A grocery store will have a customer receipt they tear off, and a tape roll of all transactions on that cash register for audit purposes.  Some businesses use carbon type / multi-copy paper to do the same.

But Walmart should already have a listing of the sim number they're releasing if they're copying the receipt with the number listed already.

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am thinking maybe it's to record the sim number into their system. Should someone return a sim, they know when and where it was purchase.  The reason is that in case someone purchase a large quantity of Sim cards at cheaper rate somewhere else and try to return it at a Walmart, to make a profit, they won’t accept it.

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If it may comfort you, I just bought one SIM card at Walmart and the 'procedure' was the same.  Should have asked why they do it !  Let's see if someone was more inquisitive than you and I were !

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Vimalkumar , no idea.  Why not ask them why.  

Need Help? Let's chat.