cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIMs by courier

canadianrhythm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I currently stay almost at the outskirts of the city and I was just wondering if Public Mobile can offer an option to ship SIM cards by courier (at a cost) as well. While Canada Post is pretty efficient, waiting 3-7 business days is no fun when you're eager to start with a new network. I, for one, would have probably paid the local courier cost ($10?) when it takes $15 for me to get to the closest outlet by Uber. 

Cheers,

Harshad

9 REPLIES 9

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

My personal experience is these shipments take two to three days consistently.  It's very different than plain snail mail where it took 6 business days for my letter from Toronto to arrive in Burlington.  I could have walked the letter over a lot faster.  With Public Mobile partnering with so many retailers, I don't see them wanting to consider improvements on the online sales.  

Boober35
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't believe they are allowed to force you to register in store. I have gone to three different Walmarts (signing up different people) and none of them insisted that I register there, though they did ask if I required help to do it.

Another employee at one of the Walmarts claimed that I would get a "special" deal of $25.00, only if i signed up today (it was Augst 5th) in the store. I declined, telling them that I could get that regardless by referring someone and she looked shocked (not sure if it was geniuine or not).

All the best!

canadianrhythm

It's just a suggestion. Up to PM! 🙂 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

did they change delivery method?  last time i ordered a sim ( before walmart) they were shipped canada post express post, not regular mail.  now if you are wanting 1-2 day service ala fedex i dont think that will hapen unfortunatly 

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@canadianrhythm, PM only offers the standard shipping, depending where you live it can take anywhere from 3-10 business days.  I live in the city and it took I think 4 days (this was prior to PM offering SIM purchases in Walmart).  Since you live in the outskirts I'm assuming you'll be closer to the 10 days.  Since PM doesn't allow the customer to incur the shipping costs I'm sure that is why they don't offer a courier/1-2 day option.  Guess they want to stay true to saving people money and not charging customers for faster parcel service.

Unfortunately you'll just have to wait, sorry. Smiley Sad

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@canadianrhythm wrote:

Hello, 

I currently stay almost at the outskirts of the city and I was just wondering if Public Mobile can offer an option to ship SIM cards by courier (at a cost) as well. While Canada Post is pretty efficient, waiting 3-7 business days is no fun when you're eager to start with a new network. I, for one, would have probably paid the local courier cost ($10?) when it takes $15 for me to get to the closest outlet by Uber. 

Cheers,

Harshad

As far as I know that's not an option. 

If you do decide to venture to a retail outlet, make sure you call ahead! Some will refuse to sell the SIM without you also activating in store. If you call ahead you can confirm that they'll sell you just the SIM without requiring activation, saving you a lot of potential hassle and more importantly additional Uber trips!

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My guess is that there would not be enough people wanting to pay for a courier to make it worthwhile for PM to offer that service.

canadianrhythm

The whole point is being able to get it at home and not needing to travel. I probably wasn't clear enough but I'd probably pay for the courier cost (in addition to the SIM cost) to get it delivered at home sooner. It could certainly be an option. 

bf7

Sim cards purchased online are at cost and they will not charge shipping. It is Just $10 for the sim plus any tax for the province you are residing in. The price for sims in outlets are exactly the same and you can buy them at London Drugs or Wal-mart.

Need Help? Let's chat.