cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(New) Public Mobile Retailer Program !

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I was bored browsing the public mobile website like usual and i noticed this. If you scroll to the bottom of the website you will see a careers section. That section used to be blank. But i noticed they added a become a retailer button.

Annotation 2020-06-02 102133.jpg

It seems like they are trying to make it easier for retailers to participate in selling SIM's Vouchers, Etc. They also offer special perks and support.

Annotation 2020-06-02 102327.jpg

They even seem to offer marketing materials to get started, Commissions, and no upfront costs ! 

Here's the link to check it out !

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/become-a-retailer

17 REPLIES 17

@mimmo wrote:

sometimes they offer topups for 8$ instead of $10

Heh, only a few more days until I predict they release the next batch of those vouchers.. Jul 1? Maybe Jul 2 since Jul 1 is a holiday.

privatelandline
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

😮Cool, thanks!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@privatelandline   https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards   and sometimes they offer topups for 8$ instead of $10

privatelandline

Haha, your guesses sound pretty plausible.

Oh really, who's the retailer selling those SIMs for $3/4?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@privatelandline   no idea.  apply and find out 🙂

my wild guesses are:

- $10 on sim cards (or what ever they charge your for it, there is a retailer selling sims for $3-4 each)

- 10% on vouchers  

- $10- 20 on per activation depending on the plan cost.

privatelandline

Neat! I'm just curious, does anyone know the commissions/incentives for the retailer? Thanks in advance.

amintariq
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for sharing. 

Prateek1193
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I also noticed this last week, applied and gave all the required documentation. Just waiting to hear back now. Anyone already a retailer? 

@BearFBI 

Excellent exploring....this is good to know. I always thought there are many smaller communities in this country that have one general store/post office/liquor store thst serves the community. Why not be the only public mobile retailer too!

@brettster99 

Maybe you can make this your part time job in your small town?

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI That's a great program for retailers and PM to save on cost and get more customers.  

zblackma

It makes sense @BearFBI no overhead for PM and greater reach into the brick and mortar community.

BearFBI

@will13am wrote:

This is not that new.  The link at the bottom right of the page has been there for a while.  

Really ? I was looking at the wayback machine and on May 13th it wasn't there. It could be broken but It was blank. I dont know exactly when this came to the careers section but i dont think anyone has noticed it. Its new news to me.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is not that new.  The link at the bottom right of the page has been there for a while.  

BearFBI

@Naepalm wrote:

@BearFBI  cool find. Also neat that you were just browsing the site to see what Public Mobile has to offer. I think that says a lot about how much you are vested in PM. Keep keeping on brother! 🙂

I do it quite often. I like PM's website. Lol. Its visually appealing. Im happy i joined after they redesigned. The service seems so much better than how people were describing it in 2019. For example moderator response times are amazing now.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI  cool find. Also neat that you were just browsing the site to see what Public Mobile has to offer. I think that says a lot about how much you are vested in PM. Keep keeping on brother! 🙂

BearFBI

@Triguy wrote:

Saves PM lower overheads costs instead of having to pay rent for retail space and paying staff to run them.  Also having more retailers makes it more accessible to buy some cards and vouchers.

Yeah its great that their doing this. Im sure they did it before but i am unsure about the perks. And they finally created its own website to signup for it. You don't have to submit a ticket to the moderators anymore to become a retailer.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Saves PM lower overheads costs instead of having to pay rent for retail space and paying staff to run them.  Also having more retailers makes it more accessible to buy sim cards and vouchers.

Need Help? Let's chat.