cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PM account

Rascal
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My husband wants to switch from Koodo to PM. Is it best to do this at a retailer or online? I know that he will need a SIM card. I remember getting a gift card at Walmart when I signed up. I believe there was an incentive at London Drugs at one time as well. I guess these offers come and go. We will be making the switch before Oct. 7, because that is when his current month ends. Can anyone give me advice on the best way to go about this?

Thanks,

Rascal

11 REPLIES 11

@Rascal wrote:

Actually, I found the bonus offer. I see that I have to register online to receive it.

Yes activating online is requirement for the refer a friend bonus credit and the rbc promo. I can share that link with you (hopefully I can mess these things up) more importantly be sure to follow the conditions. Mind you the conditions were changing on the fly with the rbc promo but I did activate after researching it so I do know what works. There were questions in regards to the need to use an rbc card i didnt and still got the promo using a different credit card. If you have one then use it if you don't just use any credit card. The main points in both of these promotions that must be followed: Activate online, choose a plan $25+(for bonus referral credit) or to use both promos choose a $40+ plan, put your referral code in the referral code box on page 1 of activation and put RBCREWARDS in the promo box on page 3 (plans page), pay with a credit card.

Lol changed browsers and I can't find my clipboard...sigh...so no link but you can search for in the search bar it will come up. Good luck were here to help before, during and after you activate online just remember to clear your browser and use secret mode before you start it prevents issues.

@Rascal a credit card is not necessary for the refer a friend bonus credit only rbc promo but you want auto pay for the $2 reward and 500mb auto pay data bonus.

Rascal

Actually, I found the bonus offer. I see that I have to register online to receive it.

Rascal

Thanks, @darlicious . Is the current referral bonus for everyone? Can you send me a link to the bonus information?

Rascal

Thanks for that @GinYVR . I have been with PM for a year now, and I find that I have all the service and savings I need, but if I needed to buy a phone, I would likely switch to Koodo to get it. That is what my husband did and now he is returning to PM.

@DanielleMarie wrote:

@Rascal wrote:

My husband wants to switch from Koodo to PM.

One more thing to add is that if he is using Koodo prepaid he will need to use a new/unique email address (because they share a database). If he uses gmail he can add +whatever after the username and before the @ to make it unique, so for example username+koodo@gmail.com (I would change it for Koodo so he can have it normal at PM).

If he is on Koodo postpaid he doesn't have to worry about it.

Good point...I forgot about the email thing.

DanielleMarie

@Rascal wrote:

My husband wants to switch from Koodo to PM.

One more thing to add is that if he is using Koodo prepaid he will need to use a new/unique email address (because they share a database). If he uses gmail he can add +whatever after the username and before the @ to make it unique, so for example username+koodo@gmail.com (I would change it for Koodo so he can have it normal at PM).

If he is on Koodo postpaid he doesn't have to worry about it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rascal wrote:

My husband wants to switch from Koodo to PM. Is it best to do this at a retailer or online? I know that he will need a SIM card. I remember getting a gift card at Walmart when I signed up. I believe there was an incentive at London Drugs at one time as well. I guess these offers come and go. We will be making the switch before Oct. 7, because that is when his current month ends. Can anyone give me advice on the best way to go about this?

Thanks,

Rascal

@Rascal  I have a couple of suggestions in regards to switching from koodo to pm. Firstly if the is prepaid choose a temporary number because of the need for a moderator to help port the number over. Postpaid remember they will prorate the plan so switching before Sept 30th will aĺlow you to take advantage of the current referral bonus. By using your referral code you will get a $10 credit and your husband $20. If you choose a plan $40+ you can use the rbc promo. Activate online, choose a $40+plan and save $10 a month/6 months and 5gb bonus data add on (rolls over) put RBCREWARDS in the promo code box on the plans page you will see the price reduce by $10. Pay with a credit card. This promo expires sept 30th both can be used together.

@RascalJust a heads up Koodo to Public Mobile will be a downgrade in terms of customer service. Since Public Mobile is the lowest tier of Telus, there is less incentives vs Koodo (especially postpaid), you don't get hundreds $ gift certificates from retailers for example.. that fact might be important especially if you need a new phone.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rascal wrote:

Thanks,

Rascal

Hello Rascal,

I suggest doing it yourself and make sure to use your Referral so you can both benefit

Rascal

Thank you so much @GinYVR . That is helpful. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@RascalIt depends on your comfort level with technology. If you want to switch to Public Mobile, I would suggest trying one of their own branded kiosks.

Otherwise your husband will need a new SIM card. Also he is on Koodo prepaid he will need to message the moderators to get his number switched over if he intends to keep his existing number.

Need Help? Let's chat.