cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to complaint to PM - overcharge $15 SIM at Koodo dealer @Woodside Square

ocanada
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This morning I went to Koodo dealer at Woodside Square to get PM's SIM card. They charged me $15 + tax for SIM card. Upon my question on the SIM card should be $10, they fenced it back claiming PM raised the price two months ago. As this card is for my back-to-school daughter. I just went ahead. 

After back home, I chatted with PM's oneline agent. She told me that all SIM card should be $10 no matter where to purchase. Went back to the store, the saleperson insisted that due to their dealship status, they always charged $15 and refused my request to talk to his manager. I realized there are two more stores in the mall. After checking with them, they alll charged $10 for PM Sim card.

The salesperson at that Koodo dealer is a jerk. Can PM confirm if they are violating PM's policy here? Any suggestion on how to get the $5 back?

Thanks a lot!

P.S., please avoid that Koodo dealship at Woodside Square if possible. 

Steve

8 REPLIES 8

ocanada
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your info. i was in a hurry and want to get it done for back to school. I will try CS_agent.

@ocanada 

Good old Koodo living up to their reputation......the bad dog of the telus family. Well this week they beat out Wal-Mart as the retailer to most avoid when purchasing an unactivated SIM card.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but after many unethical underhanded dealings by koodo employees with pm customers @Alan_K  said that pm could no longer compensate for essentially another companies lack of proper business practices, poor training and management. Some family you just have to weed out of your life......and it's best to just to accept they ripped you off. Next time but a $4.99 sim card from Canadian Cell Supplies and you'll come out even--steven!😎

Welcome to public mobile!  Thankfully we are not koodo!! Or fido for that matter.....

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech 

Good thought about reaching out to Koodo... it all makes sense, yet didn't think of that myself.  Great suggestion!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ocanada   They did say PM raised the price to $15 2 months ago , Since this part is not true, I suggest you open a ticket with PM and complain about that.  PM might not be doing anything , but at least let them know.

Also, the fact that it is a Koodo authorized dealer, you might want to call Koodo and complain about this as well.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ocanada 

That's really too bad... you can try going back and talking with somebody else and ask for the Manager through them.  I've seen this come up a few times here too and it seems that it boils down to retailers charging whatever they want for a product they're selling.  If you wanted to reach out to Public Mobile, you can probably try a CS Agent, but unsure what they can do.

if you make any progress, we'd love to hear how it goes.  Goodluck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ocanada 

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,like a SIM card for Free is will be cover,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy

@ocanada wrote:

This morning I went to Koodo dealer at Woodside Square to get PM's SIM card. They charged me $15 + tax for SIM card. Upon my question on the SIM card should be $10, they fenced it back claiming PM raised the price two months ago. As this card is for my back-to-school daughter. I just went ahead. 

After back home, I chatted with PM's oneline agent. She told me that all SIM card should be $10 no matter where to purchase. Went back to the store, the saleperson insisted that due to their dealship status, they always charged $15 and refused my request to talk to his manager. I realized there are two more stores in the mall. After checking with them, they alll charged $10 for PM Sim card.

The salesperson at that Koodo dealer is a jerk. Can PM confirm if they are violating PM's policy here? Any suggestion on how to get the $5 back?

This has come up before.  Unfortunately, the information that I have seen says that Public Mobile does not control the price that retailers charge.   Customers are always free to shop around for the best price, but after a transaction is complete, the customer has actually agreed to pat that price.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ocanada 

so why do you buy it,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.