cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

London Drugs vs Wall-Mart

Nolan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I first tried the closest Wal-Mart but they told me they were too small and I would need to go to a larger super-centre.  I then tried a London Drugs close to work, where they were just using up their last PM SIM with the customer in front of me.  I then had another London Drugs and a Wal-Mart on the way home from work and the London Drugs came first so I stopped in there.  The staff were super helpful, very patient, and while telling me about the community support, also said if I had any problems to give them a call at the store.  My phone ported weird (my wife's was fine), so I did call the London Drugs and they thanked me for calling if only for the feedback since they hadn't heard of that problem before.  They said if I didn't get help on the community forum to call them back.  Over all I was really happy with their service.  My phone port issue still isn't resolved but I'm sure it will be.  

10 REPLIES 10

nzyyc

I got mine at London Drugs too! Just the SIM card, no phone. I activated mine on Black Friday so London Drugs' system was a bit slow. They said their machines are really old and when there are lots of transactions things don't work well. After about 10 minutes it worked, and my phone was up and running on Public Mobile's network basically instantly.

Honestly, I refuse to shop at Walmart unless absolutely necessary. London Drugs has the best service and will price match anything (and take any coupon)... 

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had a similar experience as OP...

Walmart refused to sell me a Public Mobile SIM outright without getting a phone. London Drugs took on my request for a SIM without any hesitation.

Wongster94
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Overall, with London Drugs being a smaller store than Walmart, LD staff can spend more time working with their customers and from experience (even other departments), they provide excellent customer service and their ability to help me set up my PM activation was very convenient and smooth.

anacronox

I got my PM number at London Drugs. they seem to understand what is going on with the promo. they simply asked me if I need their help. I said no I good. they just sell me the PM sim and no question asked. 

I like the efficiency. good job LD 😄

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Nolan,

Welcome to PM.  Looks like this promo deal is causing stores to run out of SIMs.  Glad to hear that a retailer is providing great customer support, and better yet, offering to provide additional support even after the activation.  That is definitely rare.  But generally your best place for support is through this forum, not too sure how much help the retailer would be after the activation, but I'm glad they were able to provide some guidance.  

Regarding your porting issue (if it's still an issue), I recommend messaging a MOD, give it a day or 2 considering how busy they probably are.  Once they get a hold of you it'll take most likely less than 24 hours to get resolved.  They may just have to re-submit the port.

AustinLee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It could possibly be a problem you’re having from an old provider. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I would characterize the comparison this way, go out of your way to go to a London Drugs so as to avoid Walmart.  More often than not, the Walmart agents are used car salepeople in training. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

The consensus seems to be that London Drugs treats the PM customers much better than Walmart.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Nolan

London Drug service in general are good with subscribers feedback on the community forum.

Your port may be stuck and need moderator to check on it.

Can you call out or text out?

Can you receive call or receive text message?

Is data working?

Have you sent a private message to moderator to help with your porting issue?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Nolan

Glad to hear that you had a good experience at London Drugs.  Sometimes the porting is incomplete.  When did you do the activation?  If it is more than 3-4 hours, you may need to contact the moderator to complete the port. 

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Recommendation:  do not send multiple message to moderators.  Each new message will put you further down the job list.  

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.  Try to also include your old account number from your previous phone company.  

Need Help? Let's chat.