cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

London Drugs -Boxing week -Free sim/$10 airtime credit.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

December 26th to Jan 1st 2021. Plans $25 or higher.

Screenshot_20201223_211038.jpg

56 REPLIES 56

ashleyskye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@darlicious  I have never asked

You have to ask for Public Mobile SIM cards at London Drugs. They are live and require no Activation thus a target for theft. They usually have them in a drawer and not on display. 

@ashleyskye 

Have you ever asked if they have sim cards or vouchers?

ashleyskye

My local LD has an electronics department, but I have never seen cell phones. That being said, within 3 blocks there is a Walmart, Sasktel store, Mobile Klinic, and 5 minutes down the road is every other provider available and a Superstore, which sells cell phones.

@Anonymous 

When you shop in store its much easier to not overbuy....sitting at home shopping online you dont see your shopping cart filling up with each transaction. I bought way more "deals" today than necessary which i never would have done had i gone to the mall. $5 shirt anyone?

@Korth 

I'm just surprised....other than the pharmacy the electronics department thus cell phones is one of the cornerstones of london drugs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah one LD in my "greater" area was fine selling new phones outright. The other not.

I get that retailers can't possibly stock everything. But it's very frustrating to run all around town trying to find the thing you're looking for. I want to help these stores keep their doors open and people employed but jeez. Uh no we don't but did you look online. Of course I looked online. I can find anything online. Does that help you be here? No!

I hate waiting for mail order anyway. That's why I like the store so much more. I can look at the thing and take it away right then and enjoy it right away. Not pay my money and wait. And wait. And wait.

Sigh

@darlicious 

Every store is different. Maybe the Powers That Be in charge of that location have determined there's too much competition for the product category in their neighbourhood.

I've noticed big retail chains are getting increasingly lazy, though. They usually handwave disappointed customers with smiling advice to just login to the store website and order the item online. (Which seems stupid to me since everyone can already order anything online, people arrive at the physical retail location because they're shopping for convenience or there's already some reason they can't/won't shop online.)

@ashleyskye  

Wow really your london drugs doesnt sell cell phones? Do they have an electronics department? If they do it would be interesting to see if they sell sim cards/vouchers/plans.

ashleyskye

Since my local london drugs doesnt carry cell phones, I dont think this deal applies everywhere

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Would it be $20 if you brought a referral code???

The airtime credit will still be $10 and yes you can use a referral code at LD and get that credit as well.. like usual.

I had a new referral/activation done at LD a week or more ago and he got a $20 “airtime credit”  as a voucher but he paid $10 for the SIM and he used my referral code. So this offer is not be related to the Referral Credit. Just another version of the 420 voucher but paying $10 for the SIM card.

AE_Collector

prairiedogbob

Good deal. This is a good time of year to activate or give phone plans as gifts.

@AE_Collector 

With the help of London drugs I think we have officially beaten last years black friday deal from the new customers perspective......using the $25 plan as an example:

Pay $25 and recieve: $25 (free month)+$10 (bonus referral credit)+$10 (LD airtime credit)=$45

$45+$10 (free sim card)+$75 (5 gb data add on bonus)+$30 (2gb holiday gift data add on)+$15 (300 international long distance minutes)=$175 in bonuses and credits  $10 more than last year.

But you can still use a referral code with this promo. Collect $10 London Drugs "air time" credit and collect $10 Public Mobile referral credit. So I think they're separate things.

@HALIMACS wrote:

Good question, @LurganIeUk 

Maybe the "airtime credit" is already being supplied by way of a referral code.... Hmmmm?

That is what I was thinking....a London Drugs employee perk????? Which I doubt.

Anonymous
Not applicable

These was a similar promo a while ago for $20. I was in a store and saw the sign and inquired. It's basically a voucher. Yes it's old time marketing language. Mostly because people still perceive these things that way. Go in a store and ask for a voucher. Homer stare. Ask for cell phone minutes and oh yes who with. Sigh.

@HALIMACS wrote:

Maybe the "airtime credit" is already being supplied by way of a referral code.... Hmmmm?

They're seperate, but this is a question best asked of London Drugs as they're the ones advertising it.

Would it be $20 if you brought a referral code???

@kselmak wrote:

What's air time credit?

Thanks for sharing btw.

Sweet to combine with the promo from the announcement

It is ancient wording that made things sound new and techie. I never knew what it meant and did not bother researching it. And as already said.....was poor wording for credit, of some type. 

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for sharing.

@kselmak wrote:

What's air time credit?

It's a bad way of saying "account credit". A dated expression that some marketing genius thought would be clear and catchy.

It's $10 added to your balance regardless what you call it, regardless how you spend it. It could theoretically sit in a suspended account without providing any "air time".

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

What's air time credit?

Thanks for sharing btw.

Sweet to combine with the promo from the announcement

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 Thanks for the share. Looks interesting.

@HALIMACS  me neither lol.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Very cool @Jb456 

Too bad no London Drugs anywhere near my home province.

🙄

Need Help? Let's chat.