cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Re: London Drugs -Boxing week -Free sim/$10 airtime credit.

@z10user4 

Yes it is not possible to keep up with everything. Promos are designed to get the procrastinators to sign up. Anyone who was going to sign up anyway didn't “need” the promo to sign up thus I am surprised that moderators will sometimes do something to make up for it.

I mentioned in December that I convinced a friend to activate on the first Flash Sale in December. It was the one (after the BF $5 for 6 months) that had the second month free for New Activations on $35 and up plans. He registered his email at the right time and then activated on the $25 plan the following Thursday night forgetting the $35 or higher part. Next morning the second Flash sale signup made second month free on ANY plan. I was working with a moderator about something else at the time so just ran that scenario past her to see if they do anything for someone who accidentally slipped up on both the plan they picked and by activating hours too early. Got a flat out NO.

I understand their move to the email sign up with a couple of weeks after to get a SIM and get activated. BUT, I think that activating “during” the email sign up period should qualify without the need to register email address first. Make it like the old promotions where you could blunder into a store and activate on a promotion without realizing it was a promo weekend. The registration of an email address should be an “extra” feature to extend the activation period past the initial promo to let people order SIM cards or make a longer trip to a dealer to activate. 

AE_Collector

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@LurganIeUk : When I happened to be in an LD yesterday asking these questions on behalf of the OP, I was getting what I understood to be incorrect information. I had to kind of push through their answers to say that I was fully aware of what they were saying but that it didn't apply in this case. Or was incomplete. Or that they were talking about another aspect not related to what I was asking. So she found her PLU sheet or whatever it's called and it was all there. She was even kind of "oh so it is". She admitted that they get so few PM activations that it's not like it was in memory. Likely the same problem with the OP and the people he's spoken to.

That is great that you did a follow up for the OP. And you confirm what I said that as a buyer you need to know what to expect and get what you expect. I find in many many cases, but not all, young workers are not informed and don’t have common sense and don’t realize when they piss off a customer...that the customer may never return. I went into a BLCB a couple of months ago looking for a specific bottle of wine on sale. Asked a very young clerk that was stocking shelves. Makes sense...stocking shelves was the person to ask. She went to the empty bin......and then said she would check in the stock room.....came back....said there was none. She did NOT check stock levels.  I checked online inventory before I left and when I got home. 12 in stock!! One case. Sure it would be a needle in a haystack.....but after awhile an astute worker could probably easily identify the box. Key word being astute. Similar story at POCO Canadian Tire for green Christmas lights....52 in stock.....left with none. Listened  to a bunch of BS as to why they could not find. So off to Langley CT and what a difference...young and old......all nice and helpful people. Lots of stock and inbound stock is lined up on the floor so they could easily find vs left in stock room. Smart store manager  there!! If I spend my time to travel, expense my travel mode, I expect to be able to buy especially if they say they are IN STOCK. Some businesses and employees just don’t get it. It is called customer satisfaction!! Corporations are forcing sales traffic by stating inventory levels but the local shop is screwing up, big time. Oh well....online buying is an option but only if the end cost is same or less. And up goes store vacancies and unemployment. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector 

I was reminded today of all the great help i recieved when i was trying to get my first community reward applied which included help and encouragement from yourself, @z10user4 . @ChuckYeah  and some great words recieved from both @mimmo and @Luddite that I will forever be grateful to as it has helped guide me and advise countless ( I havent tried to count but its a lot!) others to success.... "Ask for a second opinion." I have encouraged so many to try to begin with....."Just ask the moderators whats the worst that can happen? They say no?" and then never take no as the only answer. This approach has worked with a myriad of issues as we well know now your experience interacting with a moderator is YMMV.

I commented at the beginning of these email sign up promos that pm was doingva terrible job at marketing them. We were introduced to the marketing team with great fanfare and then the pandemic hit and nothing.......did pm fire that whole department? I've seen online ads, billboard ads, heard radio ads, seen them on facebook, youtube, instagram but online im sure its targeted but they needed to target me last summer when after reading an article about pm online i started looking for a promo, flash sale even asking everyone i knew for a referral code....and nothing. After about six weeks of searching, a bad cs call with telus followed by an even worse one with fido i had finally had it. Camping for two weeks with no service from freedom on the smart phone a ride to town for "supplies" at BCLS and 20 min to kill i decided to switch. No promo, no referral code jusť good pricing. A little more than 24 hr later they had a flash sale.....but who cares i've been saving ever since......

Pm needs better marketing than just the community i didnt know about it til after i signed up and even then didnt visit until two weeks after that....

All this said @AE_Collector  tell your friend to try again or rather try on his own. I can offer some good advice.....i successfully advised a fourth customer today who finally recieved a postive outcome and had a 30 day credit added to his account after signing up on December 18th before registering his email......recent precedents have changed possible outcomes.

Jovi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wish I had known that!  I got my SIM card for free but didn’t receive the $10 airtime credit.

@Jovi wrote:

Wish I had known that!  I got my SIM card for free but didn’t receive the $10 airtime credit.

Did you activate at the store within the advertised in-store promotional period? If so, you're going to have to speak to London Drugs with a receipt and copy of the relevant flyer to get this. I'm not sure if you want to do that for $10 unless maybe you're already there to purchase some needed supplies.

Jovi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh sorry, I forgot to mention that I didn’t go to London Drugs.  Activated with a different retailer.  Thanks, though 🙂

jivetalker
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I signed up with London drugs and activated with this promo. They gave me a $10 voucher to add through 611. Funny how it seems everyone's experience was different depending on the London Drugs location they went to but I'm happy to have received the extra $10 in my account.

Need Help? Let's chat.