cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

London Drugs -Boxing week -Free sim/$10 airtime credit.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

December 26th to Jan 1st 2021. Plans $25 or higher.

Screenshot_20201223_211038.jpg

56 REPLIES 56

jivetalker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I signed up with London drugs and activated with this promo. They gave me a $10 voucher to add through 611. Funny how it seems everyone's experience was different depending on the London Drugs location they went to but I'm happy to have received the extra $10 in my account.

Jovi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh sorry, I forgot to mention that I didn’t go to London Drugs.  Activated with a different retailer.  Thanks, though 🙂

@Jovi wrote:

Wish I had known that!  I got my SIM card for free but didn’t receive the $10 airtime credit.

Did you activate at the store within the advertised in-store promotional period? If so, you're going to have to speak to London Drugs with a receipt and copy of the relevant flyer to get this. I'm not sure if you want to do that for $10 unless maybe you're already there to purchase some needed supplies.

Jovi

Wish I had known that!  I got my SIM card for free but didn’t receive the $10 airtime credit.

@AE_Collector 

I was reminded today of all the great help i recieved when i was trying to get my first community reward applied which included help and encouragement from yourself, @Anonymous . @ChuckYeah  and some great words recieved from both @mimmo and @Luddite that I will forever be grateful to as it has helped guide me and advise countless ( I havent tried to count but its a lot!) others to success.... "Ask for a second opinion." I have encouraged so many to try to begin with....."Just ask the moderators whats the worst that can happen? They say no?" and then never take no as the only answer. This approach has worked with a myriad of issues as we well know now your experience interacting with a moderator is YMMV.

I commented at the beginning of these email sign up promos that pm was doingva terrible job at marketing them. We were introduced to the marketing team with great fanfare and then the pandemic hit and nothing.......did pm fire that whole department? I've seen online ads, billboard ads, heard radio ads, seen them on facebook, youtube, instagram but online im sure its targeted but they needed to target me last summer when after reading an article about pm online i started looking for a promo, flash sale even asking everyone i knew for a referral code....and nothing. After about six weeks of searching, a bad cs call with telus followed by an even worse one with fido i had finally had it. Camping for two weeks with no service from freedom on the smart phone a ride to town for "supplies" at BCLS and 20 min to kill i decided to switch. No promo, no referral code jusť good pricing. A little more than 24 hr later they had a flash sale.....but who cares i've been saving ever since......

Pm needs better marketing than just the community i didnt know about it til after i signed up and even then didnt visit until two weeks after that....

All this said @AE_Collector  tell your friend to try again or rather try on his own. I can offer some good advice.....i successfully advised a fourth customer today who finally recieved a postive outcome and had a 30 day credit added to his account after signing up on December 18th before registering his email......recent precedents have changed possible outcomes.

@Anonymous wrote:

@LurganIeUk : When I happened to be in an LD yesterday asking these questions on behalf of the OP, I was getting what I understood to be incorrect information. I had to kind of push through their answers to say that I was fully aware of what they were saying but that it didn't apply in this case. Or was incomplete. Or that they were talking about another aspect not related to what I was asking. So she found her PLU sheet or whatever it's called and it was all there. She was even kind of "oh so it is". She admitted that they get so few PM activations that it's not like it was in memory. Likely the same problem with the OP and the people he's spoken to.

That is great that you did a follow up for the OP. And you confirm what I said that as a buyer you need to know what to expect and get what you expect. I find in many many cases, but not all, young workers are not informed and don’t have common sense and don’t realize when they piss off a customer...that the customer may never return. I went into a BLCB a couple of months ago looking for a specific bottle of wine on sale. Asked a very young clerk that was stocking shelves. Makes sense...stocking shelves was the person to ask. She went to the empty bin......and then said she would check in the stock room.....came back....said there was none. She did NOT check stock levels.  I checked online inventory before I left and when I got home. 12 in stock!! One case. Sure it would be a needle in a haystack.....but after awhile an astute worker could probably easily identify the box. Key word being astute. Similar story at POCO Canadian Tire for green Christmas lights....52 in stock.....left with none. Listened  to a bunch of BS as to why they could not find. So off to Langley CT and what a difference...young and old......all nice and helpful people. Lots of stock and inbound stock is lined up on the floor so they could easily find vs left in stock room. Smart store manager  there!! If I spend my time to travel, expense my travel mode, I expect to be able to buy especially if they say they are IN STOCK. Some businesses and employees just don’t get it. It is called customer satisfaction!! Corporations are forcing sales traffic by stating inventory levels but the local shop is screwing up, big time. Oh well....online buying is an option but only if the end cost is same or less. And up goes store vacancies and unemployment. 

@Anonymous 

Yes it is not possible to keep up with everything. Promos are designed to get the procrastinators to sign up. Anyone who was going to sign up anyway didn't “need” the promo to sign up thus I am surprised that moderators will sometimes do something to make up for it.

I mentioned in December that I convinced a friend to activate on the first Flash Sale in December. It was the one (after the BF $5 for 6 months) that had the second month free for New Activations on $35 and up plans. He registered his email at the right time and then activated on the $25 plan the following Thursday night forgetting the $35 or higher part. Next morning the second Flash sale signup made second month free on ANY plan. I was working with a moderator about something else at the time so just ran that scenario past her to see if they do anything for someone who accidentally slipped up on both the plan they picked and by activating hours too early. Got a flat out NO.

I understand their move to the email sign up with a couple of weeks after to get a SIM and get activated. BUT, I think that activating “during” the email sign up period should qualify without the need to register email address first. Make it like the old promotions where you could blunder into a store and activate on a promotion without realizing it was a promo weekend. The registration of an email address should be an “extra” feature to extend the activation period past the initial promo to let people order SIM cards or make a longer trip to a dealer to activate. 

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk : When I happened to be in an LD yesterday asking these questions on behalf of the OP, I was getting what I understood to be incorrect information. I had to kind of push through their answers to say that I was fully aware of what they were saying but that it didn't apply in this case. Or was incomplete. Or that they were talking about another aspect not related to what I was asking. So she found her PLU sheet or whatever it's called and it was all there. She was even kind of "oh so it is". She admitted that they get so few PM activations that it's not like it was in memory. Likely the same problem with the OP and the people he's spoken to.

What ever ad attracted any one to buy into a Public Mobile Account I am sure, kind of, that London Drugs would stand behind their offer. If I was the buyer I would have the ad in my pocket, I would address  the clerk with a summary of your expectations as per the ad or I would ask the clerk to clarify what the ad is about (playing stupid) and create a conversation to confirm that the clerk is informed or gets informed before you buy. I don’t understand why anyone would buy from the ad and then leave with something different. There is an onus one the buyer too.....that is...if you are an informed buyer. So if you did not receive as advertised take your receipts etc and ask for the electronics manager and if that is too much to do.....then at least give them a google review. 

They attracted you into the store, you spent your time and travel expenses to get there. So why not make sure you received what they advertised. 

ruckuschica

I'm curious though...for those of us who don't have physical LD stores anywhere near us, is there a way to access these promos by calling in or emailing or something? My nearest LD store is 4+ hours away.

(yes, I realize the promo is over) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector : Then I was just as inattentive. This service has many unexpected differences from others. After learning of their existence, I saw the rates and signed up to a plan. Afterwards, I came across the Community. Signed up. Then saw a couple promos go by inside of my first month. I would suggest that there could be something like a price-protection for new activations. So I asked the mods and they did do a little somethin' somethin' for me but as we all know now...they certainly didn't have to. Y'snooze, y'lose and all that. But I've stayed.

@darlicious wrote:

It brings up an important point....it is vital for the potential new customer to be well informed before they activate whether its at home or in store.

That is the all time number one rule for activating here on Public Mobile and likely applies to other cell carriers and purchases in general.

These topics about special promotions and free gifts from PM are 20 - 40 - 60 pages long because so many people don't “Do their homework” as I like to say. “I just signed up and didn't know about this activation special. How can I get it now?” With so many things in life a bit of investigation first before making your move makes everything so much easier.

AE_Collector

@Anonymous 

Nice one! Good on you to go the extra mile (quite literally) and gets the goods on how london drugs is supposed to process this type of promotion. ( So my guy got it mostly correct!) It brings up an important point....it is vital for the potential new customer to be well informed before they activate whether its at home or in store.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth wrote:

@Anonymous 

You're a day late. Promo ended Jan 1st.

I know. I went in to inquire on behalf of coryko and to find out how exactly it seemed they did it. The person who helped me eventually pulled out a sheet of the promo showing the things they scan to do all the things for the customer. Funnily enough she said they do so few activations for PM that she hadn't remembered and had even been telling me a few things initially that I knew to be incorrect. So she pulled out her sheet and there it was. Something about either a voucher or a way to credit the customer.

Whoever's telling coryko things didn't fully understand. He needs to go back there with his receipts and tell them to find their PLU reference sheets that have all the codes for the promo. He should not have to wait 30 days or whatever it is they're telling him. It should be an immediate credit either lowering the up front cost or deposited in the Available Funds like a voucher.

@Anonymous 

You're a day late. Promo ended Jan 1st.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@coryko : I was in an LD today and inquired. What did you pay up front on your payment card? As I wondered earlier, it might be that they netted it out up front. So did you only pay $15 and tax to get out the door?

@coryko 

London drugs didnt do a very good job of informing their employees of this promo. I helped activate an account today and while the sim card was automatically given for free the sales person knew nothing of the "airtime" credit. I luckily had a paper flyer (the first one to be delivered to my mailslot in forever)with me and pointed it out. Unsure what to do he ended up subtracting a $10 chatr voucher from the sale of the $35 ($25+$10pm vouchers)that paid for the plan on the account. I dont know what he would have done if a credit card had been used.

Take your activation paperwork and reciept back to london drugs (call first and find out when the electronics dept manager will be in to speak with)and have them credit you with a $10 pm voucher. **Don't forget to use your LDX account to gather those (10) visits=$5 LDX coupon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As evidenced from AE_Collector, this ought to have been like a voucher. I would have assumed there would have been a 12 digit number of some sort from them on one of the receipts. Or that they would enter it in during activation. Is it possible that your first payment to them was $15 before tax? Maybe they netted it out up front. But it would also be easy enough for them to print out the voucher for you to enter afterwards.

coryko

@Anonymous : yes, I provided the London Drugs rep with a referral code when I signed up and they entered as they opened my account and signed me up with Public Mobile.

I confirmed with the London Drugs reps during the signup process and earlier today that I should be getting a $10 credit for the referral and an additional $10 credit for signing up through London Drugs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@coryko : Did you give them a referral code when you signed up (without looking back)?

coryko

My available funds are $12 and my payment history is as follows:

- Credit/Visa Debit TopUp: $25 payment

- AutoPay Reward: $2 credit

- Referral Credit: $10 credit

There is nothing related to the Air Time credit.

@Anonymous 

I agree, that sounds very much like they are referring to the Referral credit. They may have made arrangements to have it added directly to the accounts but when the $20 London Drugs Air Time Credit from a couple of weeks ago was done by a voucher.... sounds suspicious. And doing t by voucher is so easy for them since they presumably already sell PM top up vouchers. And they would get the $10 or $20 voucher at a wholesale price as well.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@coryko wrote:

I called London Drugs this morning regarding their $10 "air time" credit. They said it should automatically be added to my account during my second month (similar to the 2nd month free credit) and if not follow up with them.

I will wait until then to see if it arrives.

I think they're confused. This was a London Drugs promo. Not Public Mobile. What do you have in your Available Funds? Can you tell us the Payment history (not payment card) since you started?

coryko

I called London Drugs this morning regarding their $10 "air time" credit. They said it should automatically be added to my account during my second month (similar to the 2nd month free credit) and if not follow up with them.

I will wait until then to see if it arrives.

I referred someone who activated at London Drugs a couple of weeks ago. Then it was a $20 airtime credit but the SIM card cost $10 rather than free so the same thing. He got a $20 voucher from London Drugs to load to his account by dialling 611. So that is what I would think you would be looking for from your visit to LD. Of curse they could have completely forgot about it too.

The $10 credit you got for using a referral code is unrelated to this LD offer and yes it does get added automatically to your account.

AE_Collector

coryko

The only item that looks like a PIN on the invoice is a 5 digit package number.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@coryko wrote:

Has anyone who took advantage of this deal received the $10 airtime credit to their account?

I signed up at London Drugs a couple of days ago and the agent helping me said it should automatically show up in my account, but I haven't seen anything yet. My referral credit has, but not the airtime credit.

@coryko 

Interesting. Can you check all your receipts and paperwork you got when you signed up. I wonder that one of them has a mention of a PIN that you would enter like a voucher.

coryko

Has anyone who took advantage of this deal received the $10 airtime credit to their account?

I signed up at London Drugs a couple of days ago and the agent helping me said it should automatically show up in my account, but I haven't seen anything yet. My referral credit has, but not the airtime credit.

@darlicious 

Little did they know..... they didn’t stand a chance!

AE_Collector

@ashleyskye 

Next time you are there find out....having this kind of knowledge can go a long way in getting referrals. I got my first two standing in line waiting at the electronics counter in london drugs. When i heard the american couple ahead of my leaning toward rogers for temporary service i just had to speak up!

Need Help? Let's chat.