skeptical11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Was in Florida for the winter and misplaced my Toronto Sim Card

How to get a new one with my # ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

@skeptical11 wrote:

thanks people

how do you connect with a moderator to reassign your previous cell # ?

Thanks again

@skeptical11 

After you have acquired a new Public Mobile SIM card, to contact a moderator, there are 2 methods to apprise them of the new SIM# to associate with your account:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@skeptical11 wrote:

Support tickets for this are opened by going to  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

and typing "SIM card swap".

skeptical11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thanks people

Thanks again

@skeptical11 wrote:

SIM cards can be orderd from Sim Card (publicmobile.ca) or at some retail stores. However, some stores, will not sell a SIM card seperately in this manner.  If you visist a store, ensure that they you do not allow them to activate the SIM card for you as this will open a new account.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@skeptical11 wrote:

Thanks

@skeptical11   You can purchase from retailers like London Drugs, Walmart or Koodo/PM Kiosks, or even order it from Canadiancellsupplies.com or Amazon.

Then you need to ask moderators to change the SIM for you to attach it to your number as that function has been disabled in the self serve account.

Need Help? Let's chat.