cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kudos to the Walmart Richmond, BC staff

Sarlye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just want to share really great CUSTOMER SERVICE from the staff in the Entertainment section at Walmart, Richmond. After speaking with my brother, who is a current Public Mobile User for the past year, I decided to change my service from Rogers (15+years client) to Public Mobile on September 3, 2018.

Every thing went very well until we inserted the sim to my very old Sony Ericsson W810i Candy Bar Phone. I really love that phone but its over 12 years old. It was unlocked but the sim just was not working at all. The tech, R Zeng, tried it from another tech's phone so the sim does work and ported really fast. It was my old old phone, that is causing the problem. He spent over 2 hours patiently calling Rogers for the unlock code, and then over to the service tech to Sony Ericsson, the poor phone just doesn't like the new tech.

I have never seen anyone be so patient and not have an ounce of frustration dealing with such old tech. Finally, after exhausting many options, I had to finally say goodbye to my old phone and use a Smart phone. I am very impressed by the professionalism R Zeng displayed. I would highly recommend anyone wanting to switch to Public Mobile in Vancouver to go to the upstairs Entertainment Area at Walmart in Richmond and have the tech help you.

5 REPLIES 5

Sarlye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello @dna2016, Thanks for the reply! Yes, I am a dinosaur and resisted having a Smart Phone forever, I was on a Talk & Text simple plan at Rogers with the SE W810i forever. It was a black phone and I have a white one in case it breaks and another Sony Slide phone in case both of the SE W8180i breaks. I have my black SE W80i since 2006 and never have any problems with it. I also have 1 gig extended on each phone, now useless since I don't have anything that can read it 😞 All my contacts was on that memory now I have to manually add all my contacts back. Anyone has any idea or solution would be greatly appreciated.

I use my iPad for anything people use their smart phone for as I have bad eyes. My husband try to get me to use a Smart Phone a few years ago when the Big iPhone6+ came out. It was just too awkward to carry in my small hands.

If not for the great feedback about Public Mobile, I would not have switched. I really miss my Candy Bar Phone. I currently use my husband's old iPhone 4S to house the Public Mobile sim.

Thanks for the welcome Community Team! @will13am@drmartin

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

@dna2016 wrote:

Hi @Sarlye,

Welcome to Public Mobile.  Really appreciate your amazing, detailed, and great experience feedback you had at a Walmart retail location.  I can tell the experience was nothing but exceptional because you even remembered the reps name.  

@will13am@CS_Agent, here's one for the good books.

But hold on a sec, did you say SE W810.  WOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW, how did that phone last that long.  I remember when I first worked for Rogers back in 2005 I used to sell those.  Not only was it a reliable phone but it was a great defence mechanism, lol.  Welcome to modern times, lol.  What phone did you end up getting?  

And yes, it is normal for outdated phone technology to not work on the newer improved cell networks of today.  Those phones are 2G/GSM network phones which are pretty much phased out now.  Wow, I still can't believe I just heard SE W810, brings back some memories.  Thanks for taking me down memory lane @Sarlye, lol.  

I have a his and hers set, one black, one white stored in a shoe box.  I distinctly remember that Rogers gave me 1 gig memory sticks for that phone.  I promptly sold them at $150 each to offset the cost of getting the phone. 

Wow! That's a great price.  Wish I could get $150 for a 1 GB memory stick today. 😛

@dna2016 wrote:

Hi @Sarlye,

Welcome to Public Mobile.  Really appreciate your amazing, detailed, and great experience feedback you had at a Walmart retail location.  I can tell the experience was nothing but exceptional because you even remembered the reps name.  

But hold on a sec, did you say SE W810.  WOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW, how did that phone last that long.  I remember when I first worked for Rogers back in 2005 I used to sell those.  Not only was it a reliable phone but it was a great defence mechanism, lol.  Welcome to modern times, lol.  What phone did you end up getting?  

And yes, it is normal for outdated phone technology to not work on the newer improved cell networks of today.  Those phones are 2G/GSM network phones which are pretty much phased out now.  Wow, I still can't believe I just heard SE W810, brings back some memories.  Thanks for taking me down memory lane @Sarlye, lol.  

I have a his and hers set, one black, one white stored in a shoe box.  I distinctly remember that Rogers gave me 1 gig memory sticks for that phone.  I promptly sold them at $150 each to offset the cost of getting the phone. 

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Sarlye,

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Sarlye, great story!  It is nice to see good news stories coming out of Walmart given the general negativity with that store brand.  I thought I was the only one with a W810i.  That was probably one of the best phones of the era.  Mine still holds a charge and works.

Need Help? Let's chat.