cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identification

Ladybug
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does your company need ID to set up a plan and Sim card? Because I have absolutely no ID and I recently moved to another province

5 REPLIES 5

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ladybug definitely a great question.  No ID is needed to activate with PM, simply because this is a prepaid service company that does not perform a credit check, there are no contracts, nor do they offer phones at a discounted rate.  Technically all you need is a legit address.  So you can get a SIM and activate at home yourself, or go to a PM dealer and they can activate for you (without you having to provide any ID). 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

You can also buy the SIM card in-store.

For a list of retail partners, see here under Step 2.

If you order the SIM card online, you will need to pay by:
- Credit card: Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- PayPal: you can pay with debit or credit card.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You don't need id as others have mentioned.  You can pay with credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ladybug wrote:

Does your company need ID to set up a plan and Sim card? Because I have absolutely no ID and I recently moved to another province

No. All you really need is just an email address. You can pay with vouchers or those "credit card" gift cards. You'll need to fill in *something* of course.

Just like in the movies with those "burner" phones as they call them. 🙂

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Ladybug I don't think Public ask for any ID to setup a plan and SIM card. You don't need credit card if you don't have it either, you just need to buy vouchers use those.

BTW most of us here don't work for Public Mobile (other than the people with MOD label next to their names). So it is technically not "our" company other than as customers.

Need Help? Let's chat.