cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am petrified

iamwhatiam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my service in March on pay as you go and during COVID-19 was not able to able to top up as I do not have a credit card and the Telus store I normally attend on  120 Clementine Dr Unit #1 Brampton Ontario was closed. I received an email that my account would remain active until July 10 2020. As such I attended this afternoon, July 9 2020, to the Telus store and informed the agent that I would like to top up my account for the $20 and gave him my phone and a $50 dollar bill. After he fiddled around he said your service is not activated and refused to refund me my money. I told him my instructions were exactly that you are to top up my account not sell me a voucher. Which he never gave me as of current and refused to refund me. One thing lead to another and the police were involved after he assaulted me. Before I escalate this I would my account to be reactivated and the $20 applied, my account already had $10 on it. Which should give me two months of service. I am not attached to my number, so if we need a new sim then I want it mailed to me. I will not attend the store under any circumstance. I am so traumatized right now and my family has never seen me shake so bad and be in such pain from my hernia where he punched me in. 

•  
11 REPLIES 11

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@iamwhatiam 

Stay safe, we are here to help.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@iamwhatiam 

Moderator are easy to work with.

Come to this forum and learn how PM system works.  When issue happens, you know exactly what to do OR a quick question, we will get your non-account related problem solved ASAP.

iamwhatiam

I will check out recharge.com, I don’t have a credit card so only cash. Hence I visited my local Telus store that activated my Public Mobile account in the first place.  I did nothing to deserve the pain I am in. My $50 was on the counter and when he wouldn’t refund me and wouldn’t call a manager I reached over to get it. Before I even came near it he punched me in the stomach.  Scary how the world has changed, in my days people would go above and beyond to help out people.  Let’s not forget he didn’t even listen to my initial instructions. There was a language barrier for sure, that’s why I was extra careful with him and reiterated instructions and totally respected him.  Anyways the past is the past and hoping I recover soon and move on.  

iamwhatiam

Got a hold of a moderator.  It was so easy and straight forward to deal with them. All has been restored.  Will be using the portal from here on and staying far from Brampton store.  Still have the shakes when I think about the event.  

zblackma

Sorry that his happened @iamwhatiam , please keep us informed as to the outcome. Thankyou.

Pawprints1986

Wow, I'm so sorry you went through all this! Hoping the moderators can help make things right for you! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure you're not actually talking about Telus? This is Public Mobile. There is no pay as you go here. There are no stores. Do the kiosks still exist? There is a "heads up" text (not email) sent a few days before plan suspension. I have not seen any communication when nearing deactivation. Other than "instant top-up", I'm not sure how else a store would top your account up other than using a voucher. I'm not sure why you need to go into a store when you can do all this yourself too. There's the 611 service and the self-serve web page.

If your plan is about to suspend then you can still buy vouchers online from recharge.com. They take Paypal. Paypal can link to your bank. You can also use prepaid "credit" card gift cards here that you buy at many convenience stores.

Being assaulted is rather startling. Jeez. Whadyagotta do to get assaulted by a store clerk.

iamwhatiam

Thank you, I will wait another day for their response.

@iamwhatiam wrote:

I have and they haven't responded. Trying to send it out to others.

@iamwhatiam , the moderator team is the Public Mobile customer service.  Those of us who assist with helping customers in the community are customers at large.  What we can do is limited.  If you have engaged the moderator team, work with them.  They will get back to you.  

iamwhatiam

I have and they haven't responded. Trying to send it out to others.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@iamwhatiam 

Since your account was canceled, you can send a private message to moderator team.  I am not sure whether moderator can make it right or not. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.