cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Service Marlborough Walmart, No sims at WOW! mobility

canadiantech
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I waited for 20 minutes for the guy just to talk to me about what I wanted at Walmart, then he would not sell me a SIM card unless I activated on the spot. I told him it was a replacement SIM and he told me I would have to sign up a new account. I left there to goto the WOW! mobile in the Mall and he said he doesn't carry Public Mobile Sims, and that I should go with Chattr instead. 

Why can't I just buy a SIM? I wanted to have my phone up an running today, but because I couldn't  find a retailer to sell me one, now I have to wait a week for delivery. 

I try to goto a company that won't be telemarketing Rogers to me every week (like Chattr does) and the only thing that stopped me was not being able to get a SIM. 

6 REPLIES 6

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@canadiantech ya it's annoying as hell with these Walmart folks.  I used that replacement SIM line about 5 times and it worked everytime except the last time about a month ago. The Walmart guy ended up saying he didn't have any left.  I think Walmart Mobile management are aware of this "replacement SIM" lie now, and are advising their reps not to distribute at all, and only for activation.  Didn't think Walmart would be such a stickler on this, I mean do they get some serious commission or bonus from PM or something when they activate, I mean it's just a prepaid account for crying out loud, not like it's some 2 year contract or something.  

@canadiantech I suggest you look for the nearest "https://www.themobileshop.ca/", they are usually located in Loblaws.  Just google, and then give them a call if there's one in your area.  When the Walmart guy lied to me saying he had no SIMs I then went to themobileshop in a Loblaws and they sold me the PM SIM with no questions asked.

canadiantech
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordred one online. I don't have any more time today to be taking transit all over the city just to get a SIM. 

But thank-you, if we switch over our other phone, I will goto London Drugs. 

WoW! Mobility told me they don't carry Public Mobile...

FY
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@canadiantech wrote:

I waited for 20 minutes for the guy just to talk to me about what I wanted at Walmart, then he would not sell me a SIM card unless I activated on the spot. I told him it was a replacement SIM and he told me I would have to sign up a new account. I left there to goto the WOW! mobile in the Mall and he said he doesn't carry Public Mobile Sims, and that I should go with Chattr instead. 

Why can't I just buy a SIM? I wanted to have my phone up an running today, but because I couldn't  find a retailer to sell me one, now I have to wait a week for delivery. 

I try to goto a company that won't be telemarketing Rogers to me every week (like Chattr does) and the only thing that stopped me was not being able to get a SIM. 

London Drug store sale SIM card too, I got one there.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@canadiantech Please report the Walmart store to the @CS_Agent by sending them a private message. Walamrt is known to force customers to activate and don't give the sim only even they are supposed to. Try at London Drugs or The mobile shop. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@canadiantech  - It's unfortunate that you were not able to purchase the SIM from Walmart.  Many Walmart locations have been reported doing the same thing.  This is not Public Mobile policy.  Infact, the moderators have been collecting information about locations that refuse to sell the SIM cards without activation.  You can add your location by sending a private message to the moderator team and identifying the store/location.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yeah, we've heard from other customers about Walmart forcing people to sign up in store, its frustrating that they have decided to operate like that. I'm surprised by the WOW! store not having a sim for you though, that sucks.

You could try going to a gas station that sells gift cards and top up cards, sometimes they carry PM sim cards. Or as a last resort you can order a sim online from PM and just wait for it to be shipped to you.

Need Help? Let's chat.